2002 caravan viper 5901 xk531 door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
freddy169 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all

I just finished my install of a Viper 5901 on a 2002 Dodge Caravan. The information provided on this site has been a great help in getting the install done.

I used a xk531 bypass module(CHDL6+ 3.00) for the securilty key and door locks, vehicle Type 1.

The remote start works perfectly. (Programmed in the two keys, and set vehicle type)

I configured the xk531 to communicate with the Viper over the D2D connection.  Everything works great except the door locks are reversed.

I arm the system with the remote, the 5901 arms but the doors unlock.  If I phsically open the doors the arm activates.  When I disarm the system the sytem deactivates and the doors lock. 

I've reviewed everything I did and searched for anyone with a simular problem and couldn't find a simular problems.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Is there a setting to reverse the door lock/unlock sequence?

Thanks for any information

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Did you wired the violet/white from xk531 to c3 connector for your doorlocks ? This is required on model year 2001 to 2003 caravan.
freddy169 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply moonliter.

I did connect the violet/whie to C3 pin 21.

The funny part is the door locks work but they are reversed.  i press the lock button on the remote and the system arms but the doors unlock.

When I press the unlock button on the remote, the system unarms and the doors lock.

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  

Looked like the internal resistors for lock / unlock were reversed in the xk531. Your best option is to use 5901's lock / unlock outputs to rig up an external relays with proper resistors to hook up to the PURPLE / dk.green wire at c3 pin 21

2002 caravan viper 5901 xk531 door locks - Last Post -- posted image.

freddy169 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks moonliter

That make total sense, I'm going to try switching the resistors within the xk531 (I have access to surface mount rework equipment).  If that doesn't work I'll rewire using the 5901 door outputs.  I'll post an update once I've tried it

Thanks again for the help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic