icon

01 chevy security rearm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jackylindsay 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  

I have an 01 chevy ext cab 1500. I am installing a bulldog deluxe 500 RS and it has an output for factory  rearm for when the RS times out or you shut it off with the remote. I didnt see any wiring diagrams on here for the rearm. I saw an earlier post here but it is closed. ( https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~57048~KW~Tonythefish~PN~0~TPN~2

The guy said his radio stays on if it is timed out and someone suggested hooking the rearm wire from the RS to pulse the door trigger and the radio would shut off. Is that what this rearm wire is for and should I do it that way or find the factory rearm and hook it up there.

ctdubbin 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
does your radio shut off when you open the door in the vehicle now? if it does, then i guess you can do that :/
no, that's not what the rearm wire is for.
there is no "factory rearm"
most vehicles when you lock the doors it triggers the factory alarm to come on. so the remote start uses the "rearm" wire to pulse that circuit to turn on the factory alarm. that pulse replicates locking the doors.
what i don't get is shouldn't the remote start shut down and kill power to the accessory wire, therefore shutting off the 12v switched to the radio?
kanarrjl 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
The stereo is on a relay of its own, and will stay on after the vehicle is shut off, untill the door is opened. But some of them time out after a half hour or so.
jackylindsay 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have everything hooked up but it willtry to start (cranks) but doesnt. I would imagine it is the cheap 791 bypass that I have. I have found a few different diagrams for hooking this up. The one that came with the 791 bypass says to hook the blue wire to the white wire labeled ignition negative or the yellow wire and sometimes the yellow with black marked securiity bypass out.

Another diagram says to connect the blue wire from the 791 bypass to my RS ignition 3 output which says this wire provides a 200mA (-) neg ground output that becomes active 4 seconds before the remote start initialize, and remains grounded while running.  The diagram also says not to use the purple or green but I saw one diagram that showed cutting the keyside of the passlock wire and conneting the green wire from the 791 to it.

The last diagram i looked at which was for the DEI 556lw showed the passlock wires from the ignition being cut and tied into. I couldnt find any other diagrams so that is why I was looking at the DEI diagram just to see if it was similiar. My not pertain to my 791 at all.

Can anyone explain the diagram better or at least tell me which one it is for sure.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic