remote start w/ 2003 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Komobu 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Hi;
Installed a remote start on a 2003 Camry. Remote Start ONLY...no alarm door locks etc etc. Customer is using two key fobs, one for the Remote Starter (Made by Bulldog Security) and a factory Toyota. I installed the remote start and a 791 universal bypass for the factory theft deterrent system.
If you are with in a few feet of the car, the remote start works just fine. If you are 200 feet away, and try to use the remote start it activates the vehicle alarm and the horn starts going crazy.
Any idea what is going on and how can I keep the factory alarm from going off?
Thanks for any advice.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
run a (-) or disarm to the keysense wire at the ignition harness. should be blue.
Komobu 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. To make sure I understand you correctly, Take a negative pulse coming out of the remote start unit and tie that into the Blue key sense wire?.(http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/Images.asp?ImageID=1076&link=BULLDOG)
Thanks again...
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

never heard of it going off on a certain range, but once you connect the disarm, it will stop the alarm.

Unsure of why they wanna use separate remotes but i cant say i havent had customers like that. remote start w/ 2003 camry - Last Post -- posted image.

yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Hook up the disarm wire and you should be fine. You probably didn't leave it enough time for the alarm to set and arm when testing it up close.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic