icon

2009 infiniti g37, very hard?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Any1 ever install on a 2009 Infinity G37 with a push to start?
I know how to install very well, but this car is crazy.
If any1 can give me a heads up on this that would be cool.
I have looked over the wiring
I have a canSL-2 and a FS80 Touch from Crime to put in
The wiring doesnt look that bad
The thing im thinking of would be how to pulse the brake and how to make the car see the key fob ONLY when R-started. The canSL2 may do this though the canbus wires??? Idlike to know that it works b4 i install this car
All help would be cool,thanks
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Try the search feature and see what you can find for posts about the 2007-2010 Altima. The Altima has the same BCM, the same underhood fuse box, and the installation is pretty much the same. Just the components are in different locations and the wire colors are not the same, that's all.
The CAN-SL2 works correctly. It will allow the remote starter to function, but not allow the car to be stolen. The takeover procedure can't be accomplished unless you have a valid Intelligent Key with you.
I'm not familiar with the FS80 Touch, and I've never heard of the "Crime" brand (maybe it's Crimestopper?) so I can't be of any help there. I use a one-button remote-start-only unit, as you're already carrying the Intelligent Key with you anyway.
There are definitely a lot more wire connections than a regular remote starter, and naturally the job takes a little longer.
There are some stories on the internet of failed installs and damaged cars, but in every case that I've seen, it's been from being installed improperly.
Every connection in that guide for the CAN-SL2 is necessary, and the guide should be read completely and carefully. Any skipped steps or omitted parts (diodes, relays, fuses, et cetera) is a recipe for failure.
Also, you might find it helpful to download an install guide for an ADS (idatalink.com) product, as well as a CAN-SL2 guide for, say, a Murano or Altima. Each guide is a little bit different, and reading all of them might give you a better idea of what the install is like before starting.
mike swanson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
The FS80 is a Crimestopper alarm/Remote start
What about the brake wire for it to start?
This is a push to start. You have to step on the brake and push the button.
Will the canSL take care of that?
Thanks so much for the help.
mike swanson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2010 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
I copied and paste this
(2007-2010 Altima.)
and only my own/this post comes up

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic