the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

shark shk1500m, is this alarm junk?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for summing it all up.

great minds think alike!

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 3:21 AM / IP Logged  
No we still have a few genuine Cliffords, they sell 2 Cat 1 models,the Concept 650 Mkll and the Avant Guard 5.5X. These are G5 with the later (Trilogix?) remotes.
They still use Wizard software.
The UK Viper Cat 1 equivalents, 460VX 480VX 2 way using Bitwriter software are MUCH slower on remote response, either trunk release (2+ secs hold against instant for the Clifford product) or disarming the unit once triggered. Lots of problems with the 2 way LCD remotes on the 480. (Quel surprise!)
Failure rates even with the current product and remember 2 immobiliser circuits, about 0.001 failure rate on the CPU, about 5% on the battery back-up siren.
The failure rates quoted by Segal on Zenesis product are completely unacceptable
Lastly and maybe I'm being paranoid damning without knowing, but I have tried (once) clones of this product. It was so awful that even the customer wanted it binned and replaced with DEI product.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
FWIW:
Thanks to Sharky for asking - I have loved the responses - in particular ChrisL's itemisation and comments, but also ALL the rest (even you Howie). (That's jest - Howie knows my respect.)
And whilst FleaBay need not be bad (some things are quite the opposite - better quality at lower prices), the problem is as usual knowing the product, and seller.
But to get this sort or REAL feedback, knowledge & experience (whether right, wrong, unique, subjective etc) is INVALUABLE. (Hey - someone should put this info on the internet! LOL-again.)
Thanks to ALL!!
FWIW#2: (For What's It's Worth... aka 4WiW etc)
I hate spending, but I buy quality.
Where quality is required, I may spend three times as much, or more. (IE - for smaller or critical items. For expensive items it's often risk the cheaper - especially if the replacement is/are already paid for by the savings.)
In this case, a crap alarm is no alarm. A crap alarm can even damage a vehicle (ie, ever vandalised an annoyance?)
But in this case, to save a "mere" $100 or thereabouts (even to protect my $1,000 45 year old ute) is negligible. If in doubt, I'd pay double.
Then considerations like lost remotes etc... That alone almost settles it.
(And too oil-pressure switching etc if that can be determined - but usually it can't.)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic