icon

Immobilizer Bypass for Starter/Alarm, 2007 Subaru STI

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big3etr 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
They should've put in the configuration for a manual. I told them up front, before they go into it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
My money's on directly grounding the status input wire to the by-pass rather than using the R/S's status output, = permanently engaged by-pass.
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
My money's on directly grounding the status input wire to the by-pass rather than using the R/S's status output, = permanently engaged by-pass.
Would it also be possible if they put the module too clos to the ignition?
I've seen some cars that will still start if the key is within half a foot.
big3etr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
I have the dash apart, since I am doing some work on the system myself. I am connecting the rear defroster, trunk release and the windows to the system. I am not sure what the bypass module looks like, but I will try to follow the wire ring from the cylinder to where the bypass is sitting. I assume it's not too far from it, there is a black box within about 6-9 inches from there, closely next to the integrated module. I will try to snap some pictures later.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it's theoretically possible but in fact extremely unlikely. You'd have to physically get within about 1/2"/12.5cm of the antenna ring around the ignition switch not forgetting the key box is the size of a pack of Marlboro 100s. My second guess is they didn't use a by-pass box, they either used your key, by removing the antenna ring from the ignition switch and burying the key in it, or removing the chip from the key and glueing it to the antenna ring. Both of which I've had to do here because of a lack of dedicated by-passes. That would permanently disable your factory transponder.
big3etr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Well I found the bypass box, there is a black w/white stripe wire that goes up and around the key cylinder. The bypass box is about 9-12 inches from the keyhole in the cylinder. since it's so cold, and it's parked outside at my work, i can't spend much time outside looking, nor do I have a camera available like I thought. Will have to get some pics once I get home from work.
x1le 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
If this was a shop that did the install, I would button everything back up and let them do the work themselves, this way it doesn't void the warranty. Explain the bypass issue and that you were under the impression trunk/defrost/etc was included with the install and await their response. This way you won't void the warranty on the install. They should definitely take care of the bypass for you, and for the inconvenience might also hook up the rest (atleast I would lol)
big3etr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
x1le wrote:
If this was a shop that did the install, I would button everything back up and let them do the work themselves, this way it doesn't void the warranty. Explain the bypass issue and that you were under the impression trunk/defrost/etc was included with the install and await their response. This way you won't void the warranty on the install. They should definitely take care of the bypass for you, and for the inconvenience might also hook up the rest (atleast I would lol)
You wuold think. They kept my car there for 3 days to do it, and 2 days just to replace the antenna on my wife's old compustar system. They are very slow, and was thinking of doin it myself, cuz they told me they would charge me extra to install the defroster.. What a load of crap, so I said screw you, adn was planning on it myself.
x1le 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
big3etr wrote:
You wuold think. They kept my car there for 3 days to do it, and 2 days just to replace the antenna on my wife's old compustar system. They are very slow, and was thinking of doin it myself, cuz they told me they would charge me extra to install the defroster.. What a load of crap, so I said screw you, adn was planning on it myself.
If you have a multimeter, the proper tools, and actually want to do it - I say go for it! I, along with other members I'm sure, would be more than willing to help ya add the extra connections and troubleshoot your bypass.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

if it was a key in box, look for a connector that doesnt lead to the ring around the cylinder.

there are 2 wires. one will test constant 12v while the other stays on ground during remote start IF hooked up right.

it could be that they did waht howie mentioned, or they grounded it permanantly and connected 12v to your ign or acc. it could be either scenario.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic