icon

2005 tahoe ads al ca module issues?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
samclow64 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for help with issues with a Autopage RS-730 alarm/remote start with a ADS-AL CA module. The install is on a 2005 Chevy Tahoe, and was installed by a local shop just last week. The first problem is when the remote start times out after 20 minutes, or if I get in and turn the ignition to run, and touch the brake pedal the doors lock after about 3 seconds.
Anytime the remote start cycle terminates no matter how it shuts down the doors always lock. I was told by the installer that he contacted tech support at I-datalink and was told that this was a feature controlled by the AL-CA module and could not be changed. The Autopage alarm has a program mode to turn off the auto door locks, and I have it set to off in the program menu. The other issue is that I am getting a door open signal on the 2-way remote showing a door is open on the vehicle, however I have checked all doors, and back hatch by opening and closing each and waiting until the dome light fades out to be sure that the BCM is seeing all doors closed.
I have two Autopage 2-way remotes and both show that a door is open on the LCD screen, the alarm still arms but is flashing when disarming to alert me of an error. I am by no means an factory installer, but know my way around the vehicle pretty well, and just have a gut feeling my issues are installer related.
My question is what are the chances of the ADS-AL CA module being the problem? or does anyone have knowledge of these type of problems. or maybee the firmware is the problem...
Sam!
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2010 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Our shop has installed hundreds of Idatalink modules and I don't think we have ever had issues with any of them. This includes many Chevy installs. Either way the door trigger problem is an issue the shop should be fixing for you.
phat-focus 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2010 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
The idatalink modules are awesome, i can also second the success rate. Make sure your installer wired up the module W2W and not D2D.  As for the door locks, it is a program issue with the remote starter, not the bypass.
Driversphere.com
Plainfield/Joliet Illinois.
Flatline till I Flatline
samclow64 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2010 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

The installer wired the AutoPage D2D not wire to wire, I did figure out what is going on with the doors locking 3 seconds  after the remote start times out or the brake pedal is pushed before the key is in the run position.  I had the factory alarm turned off in the DIC menu on the dash so the horn and lights would not go off if the factory alarm was activated.  I turned both of them back on and realized that the AL-CA module or the alarm module is turning on the factory alarm after the remote start cycle ends, the security light on the dash is coming on for 45 seconds then going off just like the factory alarm did before I had the new AutoPage installed.

I reached thru the window and opened the door and the factory alarm went off. so what ever is causing the factory alarm to arm after the remote start cycles off is my problem, but which is it?

The AutoPage alarm or the ADS AL-CA module, I have went into the alarm menu and disabled the Autopage not to lock or un-lock the doors on ignition shutdown, only to to lock on arm, and un-lock on disarm.

Sam!
segal79_19 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
the ads is telling the system to arm and disarm along with lock and unlock. as for the door adjar it looks like u need to have a wait to arm set up.
1. Turn the Ignition 'switch ‘ON/OFF’ 3 TIMES and stay in OFF position.
2. Push the Valet switch 3 times (holding in on the 3rd push) until one chirp with one long chirp is heard, and then release the
valet switch. You are now in the Alarm feature “A” programming mode.
3. Press and release the transmitter button corresponding to the feature you want to program.
the transmitter button will be the trunk button and u will want the led to flash twice. that will give u a 45 second delay on arming which should then not show your door open. another thing could be that u have set off the alarm to many times and u need to turn the ignition on with the key to clear the codes. hope this helped
Marks Auto Mart Sound and Accessories
2100 5th Ave. South
Fort Dodge Iowa 50501

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic