icon

Kia Factory Alarm Bypass Possibly Found

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I just tested my car if you use the key in the door to unlock the car. The alarm goes off Kia Factory Alarm Bypass Possibly Found - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
2002 KIA OPTIMA 4DR SEDAN
Alarm Disarm BLUE (-) DRIVERS KICK PANEL OR IN DR/DOOR
have you tested for this wire ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
lgrammer 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
well there must be something wrong with your vehicle that the key unlocking the vehicle from door sets off alarm.like someone mentioned before what if you lost the fob or battery died and you had to unlock it with key. you should be able to unlock and disarm with key otherwise your screwed.i would take it to the dealer and tell them this. it doesn't sound right to me
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
I will poke around tomorrow since it will be a few more days before the Viper gets here. Right now It has an Old school Harada installed. I inherited the car from my dad. It seemed fishy to me that there was no way to disarm the alarm. The installer that did the starter originally told him the same thing. Maybe he was just lazy. Now that there is definitive proof that there should be something that works I will test further. I didn't really want to go poking around for something that wasn't there.
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
Finally got the Viper and installed it yesterday. Still no joy on the factory disarm. What I'm going to try today taking apart the driver side door panel and see if the disarm wire is connected to the key cylinder. If I can't find it inside the door I am calling the dealer to see what they would do if I lost the remote. I am also going to look for the Alarm module, according to the wiring schematic for the vehicle there is only one controll wire running from the ETACS to the alarm module so its likely multiplexed some thin in there has got to disarm this alarm. If all else fails I will just unplug it or cut the key off the factory fob and keep the fob in the car in case the factory gets armed.
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
Took A look inside the door and all I saw at the key cylinder were 2 illumination wires.
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
Direct From the owners manual. You cant use the key to disarm the alarm in the door you have to turn on the ignition for 30 seconds. Kia Factory Alarm Bypass Possibly Found - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Kia Factory Alarm Bypass Possibly Found - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Edit: Also I tried grounding the hood pin wire and it will still arm if you try to arm it. So I am left with either unplugging it (hopefully the door locks still work) or giving it 12volt constant at the IGN 1 input where ever that is Or lastly just not arming it on accident.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with sneakycyber. I have a lot of experience with Hyundai, and just a few Kias...but they're almost always pretty much the same car anyway.
Here it is:
1. Older Hyundai: If you see an all-black keyfob, two buttons side-by-side and another button below....... with a little leather strap to hold it to the keyring, you can't do arm or disarm.
I usually sell them a one-button remote-start-only piece, as the factory remote will work just fine with the car running (as long as the installer doesn't connect anything to the car's keysense wire).
Other choices would be to install RS/keyless and live with no factory alarm....or even install an aftermarket RS/alarm combo if the customer's budget allows.
2. Newer Hyundai, with a modern-looking remote with all the buttons arranged vertically, and a chrome piece where the keyring attaches.
These cars have arm and disarm wires. Also, the factory keyless doesn't work while running no matter what you do.
In this case, I sell RS/keyless/trunk, connect the arm/disarm wires, and advise the customer to store the factory remote, and use the new one for everything.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic