icon

2005 deville remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jay6365 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

Okay this is a weird one so get ready. I have installed for a few years now and have never ran into anything like this. I installed a viper 5301 remote start and keyless on a 05 deville (dts) and I used a directed xk01 for bypass as suggested by directed. once i completed the install everything worked fine except for the driver side back window didn't roll back up. So I wasnt sure what happened so I figured i would take the fuse out of the main line of my remote start to see what would happen. (My power was ran directly to the battery underneath the backseat) When I pulled the fuse out and let the car sit for a second with ignition off it would start working properly again once I turned it back on.

I assumed it was probably the xk01 because it links to the data wire on the obdII plug so I disconnected that and put the main fuse in again. Same problem. The relay in the door module is clicking when you press the switches and its got power but the window does nothing. After furthur investigation I found out the the door did have a short as the window worked when I wiggled the door harness (this is with the power killed to the remote start) But as soon as I put the fuse in it will work until the car is turned off and restarted. And with the remote start hooked up it doesn't even work wiggling the door harness anymore.

I am lost with this problem. I verified every wire I tapped before I did it. The only wires I tapped outside of the ignition were parking lights, brake pedal, data wire, and hood pin. I ran power wire down the drivers side to the battery underneath the back seat (I didn't even pull any panels off for that I just tucked it neatly under the side moldings.

Anyone got anything?

Thanks

themobileguru 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hahaha....oh man, they are fun vehicles to do eh?! Are you sure that the back window worked BEFORE you touched the install of the Remote Start?? If you didn't ever check it...which you probably didn't...I would say their is/and probably was a problem prior to install. That is, assuming you have all the correct wires.
jay6365 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah we check in every vehicle before we start work and after. So I know it worked before. But as I said in the post I did find a short some where in the door harness but I still cant explain why it works sometimes when the remote start is not hooked up and not at all when it is.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 Deville, and by coincidence recently had my left rear door apart, as I had to replace a defective window regulator.
Anyway, pretty much everything in there is controlled by the Door Module, and most communication between the Door Module and the rest of the car is by data.
If you remove the door panel, you'll find a large black box inside there, and the window switch only has a few small, low-current wires.
So anyway, you might want to take the panel off and start testing. Here's what I remember:
--The door module should have your typical GM colors: Orange for constant, black or maybe BLACK/ white for ground, purple for data.
--The window switch has a negative in, and then three negative outputs: Up, Down, and Auto Down. (I think there's probably a wire in there for illumination as well.)
You'll probably want to start by testing if the switch is functioning properly, as well as making sure the door module is receiving good constant, ground, and data.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic