icon

2002 cadillac escalade dvd/nav install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raulromo34 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
this escalade has the bose system.  i order the metra gmos-11 so i can retain the sound of the bose system.  does anyone know the colors for the brake, emergency brake, and vss (vehicle speed sensor) if it has one??? 
football fanatic
calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
02?? you dont need a mod for this 03 up you do,, the remote wire is a pink wire usually on the other harness not the one with the speakers acc batt all that theres a smaller black plug and there should be a pink wire just add rem to it and bam youre done.. just get the metra 70-1858 harness,. and the vss wire is at the cluster you have to pull out the gauge cluster its on the top harness its a green one in pin a-4 i believe ,,,its a green one.
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
raulromo34 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
i actually called metra's tech, and he told me the same thing you did.  but he told me to add accessory to the pink wire, because the remote lead of the radio would not work.  well that didnt work.  i actually just wired it like normal.  remote lead to remote lead wire, and the amp turned on.  customer had bought the interface, so i used that.  but the remote lead wire comming out of the interface didnt put our enough power, so i bypassed the remote lead going into the interface, and went directly to the the harness. i believe the remote wire was green on the othe side of the harness.  worked great.
football fanatic

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic