icon

viper 5901 issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
txhr 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed my 5901 and I would like to have silent arming as my permanent selection when hitting the lock or unlock button from my remote. As far as I can tell the instruction manual requires hitting the function 'f' button before selecting lock or unlock. Is there a permanent solution to silent arm without the extra steps?
Thanks,
Brandon
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
yes, you can program OFF confirmation chirps in the programming menu... the piezo in the remote will still chirp, but the vehicle's siren wont.... this is how i have my 5901 set up.......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
txhr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know of a link to the programming instructions?
Thanks for the quick response,
Brandon
txhr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
It seems my 5901 remote is not receiving the signal from the alarm recognizing lock/unlock, remote start confirmation or any page. I have replaced the remote and alarm brain. The previous alarm/remote had the same problem. Any suggestions? This is getting frustrating!
Thanks in Advance,
Brandon
sacredcreationz 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Did you happen to pair your remote with the control unit?  Does the alarm still arm or disarm with the remote you just don't get the visual of the alarm's actions displayed on the remote?
txhr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Good Evening,
The remote functions properly, just the page/confirmation portion of the remote is not functioning. My remote is acting as a one-way remote, the two-way portion is not functioning. I am looking for a solution to repair the two-way portion of the two-way remote. Any thoughts?
Thanks Again,
Brandon
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

dump all remotes from the system, reset/reboot brain, remove batt from remotes. pair remotes back and see if that helps.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
sacredcreationz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Tedmond said the same as I would.  The connection between remote and control module is not absent and the fact the the remote works to arm disarm, lock unlock ect. show that the remote is working and that the control module is working.  There is no setting in programming that will disable the screen on the remote.  I have to say that if a master reset like Tedmond said doesn't work then return the remote for a new one.  It should be under warrentee.
sacredcreationz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

txhr wrote:
It seems my 5901 remote is not receiving the signal from the alarm recognizing lock/unlock, remote start confirmation or any page. I have replaced the remote and alarm brain. The previous alarm/remote had the same problem. Any suggestions? This is getting frustrating!
Thanks in Advance,
Brandon

Yeah I should have paid more attention.  Looks as though you already went through a remote.  I would still give the getting another remote an option just in case you just got another bad one.  If the next one fails then it most certainly needs to be brought up to Viper, or rather Directed Electionics Inc.

gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
try replacing antenna
GreenGables
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic