icon

06 magnum

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2010 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have a person who wants to put an aftermarket 4channel amp and a mono sub amp in an 06 Magnum.  The question I have is will it be worth it for him to have the 4ch amp installed since it's 50x4(mtx 4004)?  He's not changing out the stock speakers.  What is the power rating of the stock amp?  I don't want him to waste $$ on getting this installed if it's not going to make a difference.  He's keeping the stock h/u as well btw.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2010 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Does it have a Premium Sound system in the vehicle?  Premium = Infinity or Kicker.  If it does not have either of these badges on the system, yes the 50 watt/channel  amp will make a difference.
97gss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2010 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks idiot.  I'll have to call or email the guy since I haven't even seen the car yet.  He mainly wants and ipod adaptor and his subs put in.  Doesn't know much about his car stereo though.  It does have the nav in it, but he doesn't even know if it has a factory sub or not.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2010 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
i've had a few of these chargers and magnums that didn't have an infinity or kicker badge but still had a factory amp. the amp (if equipped) is located behind the driver's side dash directly above the hood release. if the front door speakers play just lows/bass and the 3" speakers in the dash play the highs, it will prolly be the factory amped (but unbranded) system.
IMO, if he never plans on changing the speakers then he just gonna achieve a louder but still crappy sound than stock
97gss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2010 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

another-kelly wrote:
IMO, if he never plans on changing the speakers then he just gonna achieve a louder but still crappy sound than stock

Agreed.

97gss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
He doesn't see any badging on the doors and it is the REC model radio.  So I guess the amp would be beneficial.  Any recommendations on a line coverter for this to run a 4ch amp and sub amp?  He also wants I-pod controls as well.  I know the PAC iPAC-CHY will do the ipod.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic