the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5301on 2005 ford focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I am looking at installing a Viper 5301 in my daughters 2005 Ford Focus zx4.  I will be using a Fortin key override-sl2 or a override-all for the bypass.         I have the remote starter and both types of key override on hand, also one of those cool flashing Viper 620v to install.   I have a pretty good idea where most of the wires connect to, but i'm a bit puzzeled on the Heavy gauge remote start, (H3) 8-pin connector.  Which one connects to the key side of the starter wire, and which one connects to the starter side?  Are there any of these wires I should not use?

I have a Viper 571xv installed in my 2000 Taurus and the installation guide is real clear about cutting the starter wire and which side connects to what.   So I took the brain and wires down to look at it, and have been using the 571 as a guide so to speak.   

Also can all three 30A fused wires be connected to the same constant 12 volts source at the steering colume? (the RED / white, RED / black, & red).  I think the only one I am sure of is the H3/3 Orange to Accessory output.   Thanks in advance for the expert guideance.

Rich

x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
The purple go's to the car side, green to the key side.
And you only have 1 of each primary wire in the car. All you will need is the red, pink, orange, green and purple.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
I think that info is for my 571.  I am looking for the info on the H3, 8 pin connector of a Viper 5301 on a 2005 Ford  Focus.  Thanks for the fast reply though
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
This is not a security system just 2 way remote start with keyless.  There is no built in starter kill/anti grind.  If you want that feature you need to wire up a relay to break the starter wire
x1le 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
dasbogie wrote:
This is not a security system just 2 way remote start with keyless.  There is no built in starter kill/anti grind.  If you want that feature you need to wire up a relay to break the starter wire
haha you're right, I didn't even notice that.
And still, you'll only need the red, pink, orange, and purple.
RED / white, pink/white, etc. aren't needed.
smokeman1 
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  

Can someone give me the break down on which heavy gauge wires go to which wires on a 2005 focus. and how do I wire up a relay for the starter kill/anti grind on the starter wire?  H3/1 to ?  H3/2 to ? H3/3 to ? h4/4 to ?  ect...

Thanks all

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

Would this help ? This car already has an immobilzer. I don't think starter kill is necessary. Anti-grind maybe if you have the habit turning the key to start when the car is already running.

viper 5301on 2005 ford focus -- posted image.

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

Since flex relay is not used for above installation. You can utilise the flex relay as an anti-grind relay. Just cut the starter wire and wire the key side to 87A of flex relay, car side to 30 of flex relay & together with violet of H3/4. see modified chart below....

viper 5301on 2005 ford focus -- posted image.

x1le 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Moonliter you're the man. I never thought of that before, great tip...
smokeman1 
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
WOW!  That is totally awsome!   Thank you for the help. An extra slice of pie for you amigo.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic