the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 subaru legacy, clifford 3.3x alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Well, good to know i got some attention with such a crazy subject heading.

anyways, i had a talk with Howie about my problem and we couldnt find out what the hell wasgoing on. Simple breakdown

Car: 2010 Subaru Legacy

Installed: Clifford 3.3x alarm and remote start

The alarm and start portion works flawlessly (not the easiest car, since there is no damn room under that dash!) when it wants to.

The only thing holding me back is the remotes working half the time. Now, this is my close friends car so hes not complaining as it was a free install. Everything was soldered and Superscotch 33+ taped. So no loose connections for sure.

as mentioned, everything works fine, but the remotes. Anyone know why the remote functions half the time? Howie suggested i dump all the remotes from the brain and reprogram. I have done that, and the unit doesnt repsond half the time. The one way remote, same problem.

for example. I press lock, and it doesnt do anything no do any of the other buttons work. But if i press F (function) to light up the buttons it magically works for lock and unlock and start, then it stops. It is very intermittent. I have ensured it is not on KEY LOCK, 2nd CAR operation.

Any service bulletins on the antenna or remotes for that matter?

Thanks all.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
sure sounds like keypad lock to me......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
tatianablue 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  

sorry dude i work with dei  and the only thing i could tell u its  that we been pulling this alarms out of every car we ve done, they are no good.  from clifford to viper this models have problems with the remote  not working. its not something u could fix ,its the brain its self . thats one of those designs that didnt work  and direct electronics knows this .

wilsontint 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
I sent everyone of those units I had in stock back to my dist and only install the 5701 in those applications.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Remember what we were talking about this morning then look at tatianablue's post. It bears with what I suggested and when I was reading between the "official" lines of "why we haven't launched these products in Europe" I wasn't letting 2 + 2 make 5! Again, maybe they should look at the AG4, only one way, 150ft. range but by God was it a wonderful product, superbly made (in the USA) super reliable INSTANT response from the remotes, you may now begin to see why I rant on so much about ORIGINAL CLIFFORD PRODUCT up to early G5.
They couldn't kill the product here, too much demand, most people have tried Viper for it's 2 way gimmicks and display remotes but most dealers have swung back to Clifford. The Cat 1 Concept 650 Mkll is still the best Euro Cat l on the market. If this post gets DEI's attention I'll gladly talk to them, better still would the original Clifford owner please stand up?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

hey howie,

thanks for helpin me out this morning.

I remember you mentioned why it hasnt been released in the UK. Well im going to mess around with the unit a few more times and see whatsup. Im gonna borrow a bitwriter and unlock the entire system.

its unfortunate that this is the second encounter of bad DEI products i have used. Not sure what to do if it doesnt work from that point on. My frien is cool with it since having something is better than none. If anything i can have him write a statement about his current problem and whatnot. I will scan it and post it online so it came from a true hard copy, not just text.

Ted
Compustar Expert
darksidecelica 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm...I just installed one of those in a 97 Honda Civic about 2 weeks ago and I didnt notice any issues with the remote...I dont remember where I read it but I recall DEI mentioning wiring a resistor(forgot what value) in series to the blue wire of the antenna lead as close to the antenna as possible as a possible fix.
tedmond 
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
that would be the 10k ohm resistor o the blue wire. this was not an actual fix by DEI.
Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

well this is hwere it gets interesting.

aside from not being able to use the remotes, the alarm cant be disarmed by the valet button anymore. it did the day i tested it.

faulty brain?

Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

heres an update. brought the car back in for another look.

i forgot to mention that the 1way remote works fine, but 2way didnt.

I dumped all remotes from the system and programmed from scratch. I found out the brain was fine after serious resetting multiple times. I had a DOA 2way remote, It programmed once, and now it doesnt program anymore NOR does it respond.

once i get a new remote, i will update.

Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic