icon

2000 Chevrolet Impala Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
samson_420 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
I will be doing a remote start in my 2000 Impala. I need a wiring diagram for it. I thought I seen one before. But, now I can't find it.
Thank you. . . . . .
Yay. . . . .
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
IMPALA  2000 -2003
 KEY  T-HARNESS  IMMOBILIZER
  N/A   GM-6   GM's PASSLOCK 2 ANTI-THEFT System, Requires 791 Bypass Module
 PART   COLOR  LOCATION  DIAGRAM
 12 VOLT CONSTANT   RED (+) See NOTE *1   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 STARTER  YELLOW (+) See NOTE *1  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 STARTER 2  N/A    
 IGNITION 1  PINK (+) See NOTE *1  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 IGNITION 2  GREEN (+) See NOTE *1  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 IGNITION 3  N/A    
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1  ORANGE (+) See NOTE *1  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2  N/A    
 KEYSENSE  N/A    
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - )  WHITE (-) See NOTE *5  @ BACK of PARKING LIGHT SWITCH or BCM, PINK 24-Pin plug, See NOTE *4   18164_IMPALA_IMPALA PARKING LIGHT DIAGRAM.pdf
 PARKING LIGHTS ( + )  DO NOT USE!    
 POWER LOCK  ORANGE / BLACK (1-Wire System) See NOTE *2  @ BCM, GRAY 24-Pin plug, See NOTE *4   14301_IMPALA_IMPALA 1 WIRE JBS UNITS.pdf
 POWER UNLOCK  Same wire, See DIAGRAM  See DIAGRAMS   14052_IMPALA_IMPALA 1 WIRE ALERT SHELBY UNIT.pdf
 LOCK MOTOR WIRE  N/A    
 DOOR TRIGGER  See NOTE *3  @ BCM, GRAY 16-Pin plug, See NOTE *4   20826_IMPALA_(-) NEGATIVE DOOR PIN ISOLATION CIRCUIT.pdf
 DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION  BLUE (-)  @ BCM, GRAY 16-Pin plug, See NOTE *4  
 TRUNK RELEASE  BLACK (-), Requires #775 Relay  @ TRUNK RELEASE SWITCH  
 SLIDING POWER DOOR  N/A    
 HORN  BLACK (-)  @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS  
 TACH  WHITE  @ IGNITION COIL  
 WAIT TO START LIGHT      
 BRAKE  WHITE (+)  @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL  
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM   LIGHT GREEN (-)  @ BCM, GRAY 16-Pin plug See NOTE *4  
 ANTI-THEFT  YELLOW (+) and BLACK (-) and WHITE (Not Used)  GM's PASSLOCK 2 System, wires are at the top of the Ignition Switch Tumbler  
NOTES
 NOTE *1 To get to the IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, you MUST remove the RADIO without unplugging the radio. Make sure you catch ALL ignition wires at the back of the ignition switch.
NOTE *2 This vehicle uses a 1-Wire Door Locking System, a straight (-)Negative will UNLOCK the doors and a (-)Negative thru a 480 ohm resistor will LOCK the doors. See DIAGRAMS
NOTE *3 This vehicle has (2) door triggers the BLUE(-) is for the DRIVERS DOOR and the BLUE/WHITE (-) catches all other doors. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM us both wires and DIODE ISOLATE. See DIAGRAM
NOTE *4 The BCM (Body Control Module) is located above the Brake Pedal. It is a Plastic box with (3) Plugs that face the firewall of the vehicle.
NOTE *5 An extra Relay part #775 is need for the (-)Negative Parking Light Isolation Circuit on this vehicle. See DAIGRAM.
samson_420 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
NOTE *1 To get to the IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, you MUST remove the RADIO without unplugging the radio. Make sure you catch ALL ignition wires at the back of the ignition switch.
What does that mean?
The ignition wires can be reached without removing the radio.
Yay. . . . .
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
It means that it's easy to get to the ignition wire by removing the radio but not unpluging it otherwise it will lock up and ask u for a code. Just pull radio half way just to reach the wires. After pulling the radio the wires will be on the left side.
samson_420 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you so much. . . . That makes a bit of sense.

The OEM stereo is a goner. . . . . :)

Yay. . . . .
samson_420 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Can I use the interior light output instead of isolating each specific door?
Yay. . . . .
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I just recently did a remote start(no alarm) on a 02 impala. I didn't take out the radio, the wires were available under the dash. They are all the way to the right. I had to cut a wire tie or 2, but I had some slack. Passlock wires are in the same bundle. Run your ground wire with your ignition wires, there is a nice factory ground a little before you get to the ignition wires and up. I really couldn't see how taken out the radio would be easy access to the ignition wires, but I never tried so I don't know. Under the dash was easy enough.
Parking lights - BROWN / white(+) at switch - left side of dash, I didn't remove the switch. I went behind the switch to the right.
Trunk Release - at Black (-) at trunk release Switch left side of dash
Your Brake and Horn wire are a few inches from each other, I would bundle these two together.
Brake wire - White(+) at brake switch - easy access
Horn - Black (-) at large connector at base of steering wheel. There are a few, make sure you test.
At the end of drivers side dash there is a fusebox. You have to have the drivers door open and its actually the side of the dash. There is a harness that plugs into the middle to bottom right of the fuse box and heads down then across the bottom of the fusebox. It crosses the bottom and heads towards the front of the car. If you pull on that harness there is plenty of slack. In that harness is:
Factory disarm - light green (-) test by turning the key in the drivers key cylinder.
Drivers door pin - Blue (-) I used my factory rearm wire on this to turn off the Radio after shutdown
ORANGE / black - lock/unlock wire. I connected my unlock wire straight to it without any relays. I then I connected my Lock wire through a relay and through a 470 onm resistor.
Here is a LINK with some pictures towards the bottom. They show the ignition wires, brake wire, horn wire. and trunk release. They also show the BCM, but I didn't even go there for anything. Also they don't mention the (+) Parking light wire and the harness at the fusebox, but both are there and easy to access.
As for the interior Light, you can use it. There is one right at the bottom black panel above the the gas/brake pedal. You will need to test polarity. There are 2 potential side effects to using this wire. If someone was to turn off the interior lights, the alarm will no longer sound if a door was opened. As well as the car has a delay in turning the lights off when you shut the doors. This means the alarm will think the doors are still open until the light times out. But, most alarms now have a feature to ignore that.
Good Luck,
Frank
samson_420 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
I totaly did not think about the interior light delay. . . . . . .
Yay. . . . .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic