icon

2500 rms amp under $500?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zeepian 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  
i got a pioneer spl champion series TS-W5102SPL sub. i had a massive 3000.1 amp and it ended up blowin up on me and its been almost a year and gettin repaired STILL. i have the big three.........but im lookin for an amp 2500rms to be able to handle playin all day on my daily driver. is there an amp out there that can take this beating? under 500 bucks?
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Whatever you do, just don't cheat yourself by buying a cheapo knockoff one. They will never get the full wattage you need.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

zeepian wrote:
i got a pioneer spl champion series TS-W5102SPL sub. i had a massive 3000.1 amp and it ended up blowin up on me and its been almost a year and gettin repaired STILL. i have the big three.........but im lookin for an amp 2500rms to be able to handle playin all day on my daily driver. is there an amp out there that can take this beating? under 500 bucks?

500 bucks?  Used, maybe.

Support the12volt.com
zeepian 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

well, ive been lookin at this pioneer PRS-D2000SPL spl amp and it looks like it was made to match this sub.....but it will only put out 2000rms at 1ohm. now im thinkin thats loud enough.....but ive found it for $499. What kinda scared me is all the 40amp fuses in the amp. I can just see those blowin after X amount of time. and if pioneer doesnt make it anymore.  has anybody had any experience on this amp?  thanks

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
2000W into a given woofer will output XdB.
4000W into that SAME given woofer will output XdB + 3dB
That's a doubling of power, for a nearly inaudible difference in output.
The difference in output between 2000W and 2500W WILL be inaudible... I guarantee it. You need to understand EXACTLY what you are asking for, and what you will be getting for a given amount of power.
BTW... That's a crap amp.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
Back when I was a kid, a 400w amplifier was the size of the speaker box, and a 400w sub was the billy bad@$$. A 200w X 2 @ 4ohm was all I needed for any pair of subs!
This is what I do for FUN!
licto 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

On this note or type of thing where, back when I was a kid............ old school stuff

I bought a 1997 Supra TT with a stereo in it........  Had a big huge enclosure with two MTX Thunder 5000 12's. 

Just ran the number for a sealed enclosure on those subs, each one takes 10 cubic feet.  I did a double take and for real, 10 CF.

Here is a link to those things........  http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/thunderSub5124.cfm

Just interesting that my Alpine type R 12 takes 1.2 and those old things take 10.

zeepian 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

so get the massive back after 10 months of it bein in repair. they tell me step by step directions to put in back in. So i do it step by step.....turn it on....speaker bumps like a heartbeat when volume is down,,we turn it up....it plays some music for a minute then smoke comes pourin outta the amp.....clearly fried.

over bucks on one doodiety amp after repairs and still no system....

should i throw it threw the guy who sold me its window?

or have my laywer contact both the guy who sold me it and Massive "high performance"{ car audio

whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
I would look into the AudioQue AQ2200D. It is well within your budget and should put out its rated power. For a low priced amp it would be much better than most other amps in its price range.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
zeepian wrote:

so get the massive back after 10 months of it bein in repair. they tell me step by step directions to put in back in. So i do it step by step.....turn it on....speaker bumps like a heartbeat when volume is down,,we turn it up....it plays some music for a minute then smoke comes pourin outta the amp.....clearly fried.

over bucks on one doodiety amp after repairs and still no system....

should i throw it threw the guy who sold me its window?

or have my laywer contact both the guy who sold me it and Massive "high performance"{ car audio

10 months...yeah...Someone would have to hear me complain...Even if its just to relieve some stress...! They have to be willing to do something for you...Lawyer...Probably cost more in fee's then to replace the amp...Then what if you lose... 2500 rms amp under $500?  -- posted image.When you say step by step...Where they on the phone or printed instructions...? Could you list what they had you do...? Did you have a temporary/replacement amp in  there during the 10 month repair...?

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic