the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

my home theater pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

thats a great idea for the subs - I never thought about that.

Hopefully the 1 powered 12" sub will be enough.   Fingers crossed!

I talked my boss into doing something similar to this in his attic: http://home.comcast.net/~klone-audio/page13-12Shiva1.html
He's going to be using 4 Tempest-X subs. Plus it is wife friendly (High WAF or Wife Acceptance Factor).
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Steven Kephart wrote:
KPierson wrote:
haha, yes I am.   I went out of my way to make sure ALL poles ended up inside walls.   I believe there were three total and two were easy.   It was the pole that was 4" in diameter that I struggled with.   I ended having to build the wall out a bit, but I got it and it almost looks like I meant to do it.
You should probably add a disclaimer; "All strippers were removed prior to encasing poles in said walls."

Excellent...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

I am confident that if I did anything like what you have in the link above that my house would implode and kill every one within a 2-3 mile radius.   :)

Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
Ah, the joys of 28 years ago, no subs then but doing this sort of thing with the 1 year old and 2 German Shepherds under your feet, the looms on the table, ah well still got them when I'm not in a tidy up mode the fights with the neighbours over noise, ah nostalgia.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

I am confident that if I did anything like what you have in the link above that my house would implode and kill every one within a 2-3 mile radius.   :)

It wouldn't be that bad.
Only a half mile radius. ;)
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson, you remain legendary, very awesome job man. Now all I have to do is getting around to buying a house with the cost being so low and I will be on my way as well to blueprinting the same dream
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 26, 2010 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
I just saw this...I'm so behind.  Nice work on your theater.  Looks like a comfy room and good work with all the details.  Next, I would have you building your own speakers, to boot!  But good work, and no matter what wifey says, I know she loves it and tells all her friends about it.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic