icon

02 wv trunk release

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mitsu79 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
on 02 wv jetta....trunk release is negative...when i connect the trunk release wire from remote starter to the car...but somehow it doesn't work... doesn't it need strong negative like the nissan maxima..
pp
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Connect one end to the trunk wire in the car and touch the other side to ground. Does the trunk pop?
if so, tie in a relay.
85 - (-) trunk release from brain
86 - 12v
87 - trunk wire in vehicle
30 - ground
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
It's BROWN / something and definitely DOESN'T need a rely! About 120milAmp trigger. Unless you found a motor wire by mistake.
mitsu79 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
yeah...i hook up the bown/black....it's just weird...it is same thing with 99 gti that i install
pp
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
Did pulsing ground pop the trunk...? Do you have a meter...? Are you pressing the trunk pop button long enough...? Some are 3-5 second press...! Test with your meter that it is working...Are there any aux channels open...have you tried those...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Be careful,thin BROWN / black is the trunk contact trigger, NOT the trunk release! Have you done as both x1le and tommy have both correctly suggested and TEST? That's what this game's all about. Test then join the wires..NEVER ASSUME WITHOUT TESTING!
Oh and the way it's definitely immediate with testing or a G4/5 Clifford, about 2-3 secs with a Viper.
I've tested it on that vehicle (and the lock/unlock trigger wires in driver's door) with a Snap-On incandescent bulb tester. It works all of them so iunder 120milAmp required.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

This is what my notes say...But i havent worked on a VW in a lonnggg time...!

Trnk Release GREEN/ BROWN (+) AT ALARM MOD. LEFT OF COLUMN...This is the actual wire to "pop" the trunk...!(if colors are correct)

Trunk Trigger BROWN / BLACK (-) DR. KICK OR OEM ALARM BEHIND FUSEBOX...This is like the doorpin for the trunk which tells the unit that the trunk has been opened ...!  (   "    "   )

M.E.C.P & First-Class
mitsu79 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  

this car that i work on is weird...cuz the trunk release is not working...i even hook up the GREEN/ brown (+) trunk release with relay and still not work...should i just get the wire from the switch by the door??

pp
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Did you test the wire...Did it go to 12v when triggered...? Maybe your relay was wrong...If you tested the wire it should be correct...! Sure you can go to the door switch...Have you tested the output from the unit...Did you hear the relay click when you attempted to pop the trunk...If you didnt hear the relay click...Either relay was bad(not likely...though possible.) ...Relay is wired wrong(maybe...)...Or there is no / a problem with the trunk output of the unit...So maybe invest in a DMM>>>!~!! ...If you are sure of the wire...you can pulse a signal to the trunk pop wire from 12v...It should pop...But lets not go putting 12v/ground to wires WITHOUT a meter...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic