icon

odd rear dr lock problem 2001 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ExactOh 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote start and keyless entry in a 2001 Ford F150 yesterday. The remote starter and transponder bypass system works fine.
The keyless entry works too, but only on the front doors. I grabbed the pnk/grn and pnk/ylw wires right at the GEM module, behind the fusebox. I diode isolated both of them, and installed a 'wake-up' circuit on the GEM with diode isolated wires to the factory alarm disarm wire at the GEM module (grn/vio if I remember correctly).
The front doors lock & unlock properly. The back doors unlock fine, but when attempting to lock, they lock, then immediately unlock. I used a single ground pulse from the Code Alarm CA-510a.
I may also have a problem with the GEM wakeup circuit - but it got too late last night for me to test it thoroughly. I wasn't sure because when attempting to program, all of a sudden it seemed like nothing worked for awhile, classic symptoms of a sleeping system. No time to test though.
If anyone can offer more complete info on these two topics, it would be appreciated. I am not installing an alarm, and I have searched all other topics, so I do not need a wiring color chart, as this is nearly working. Perahps I need to increase the time of the ground pulse? This is a programmable option with this Code Alarm unit.
Thanks.
KLS Glass Tinting & Electronics
ExactOh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Just a note: I used the 2001 F150 diagram on Bulldogsecurity.com, along with the post here for that vehicle. If you go to Bulldog's site, there are two .pdf documents, showing the wake up GEM system, and the door lock isolation. I followed them to the extent that they applied to the truck I was doing.
I will post back any differences when I get to a real computer, and can easily jump between two web sites at once, without pushing all kinds of buttons on my phone!
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
if you have the keypad on the door you can also try to use the yellow and the red
button 7 and 9
diode isolate the two it will arm the factory alarm at the same time
to disable the alarm put the disarm wire is GREEN/ purple at keyless module
keyless module is located under the dash by the parking brake you can also find the door lock wires there too
ExactOh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  

Monty,

What you are calling the 'keyless module' is what I am calling the 'GEM module'.  This truck does not have a keypad on the door.

Today I got the truck back, and programmed the pulse to a longer pulse.  It works most of the time now.  I am not sure why it doesn't work 100% of the time, perhaps because the battery power makes a difference?  It seems like it doesn't have quite enough power to pull down or pull up the door locks after I tested it successfully about 10X.

I am now in the process of testing my GEM wakeup wiring.  I locked the doors and I am now waiting to see if the system goes to sleep, and if my extra pulse to the GEM module will wake up the system.  I will post back in a while.

ExactOh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

Is there a chance that this truck does not go to sleep after being locked?  There was another post on here that claims you can test for the GEM sleeping after only two minutes of having the doors locked and closed.  If that's the case, then this truck doesn't go to sleep.

To fix the door lock issue, I removed the one wire that was installed to wake up the gem system, pre-pulsing the driver door ajar wire before a keyless entry or remote start command.  I had a diode installed on this wire, and each of the lock/unlock wires, but with a test light hooked to power, I could see a faint light on the unlock button when locking with the remote.  That explains the original issue, with the back doors locking, and then immediately unlocking.  That also explains my previous post, where is seemed that there was lack of power to lock.

I have the truck sitting with the doors closed and locked now.  I will wait longer this time, to see if the system goes to sleep.  I wish I knew how long though, since I don't want this to take all day.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic