icon

viper dealers/dei dealers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Looking for a directed dealer that has used a bitwriter. Please post your email address or email keeko785@gmail.com I have some technical questions.
themobileguru 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
mobileelectronicsguru@yahoo.com
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
you could post them here too, you never know someone might have the same questions
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
I have some "factory Refurbished 5301 Viper kits that our shop tried installing this week. We couldn't get the things to respond to the Bitwriters nor could we program them manually with the remote, valet switch on the antenna ect...
Just to make sure my brand new bitwriter running 2.7 wasn't the issue I tried hooking them up to some old Python and old viper units that we had pulled out of peoples cars and it would program perfectly on those?
These are factory refurbished kits from DEI that come with a 1 year warranty from the date of install? I have 3 kits all of which do not work?? Anyone had the same issue?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  

I have two Refurbished Viper 5301and a 5701 that I have not yet installed in my kids cars.  What wires need to be connected to bench test the brain to see if it is working? I have a DEI Bitwriter and now that I have seen this post, I am wondering how to check the out before installing them?               Primary Harness 12 Pin Connector  12 volt  Constant H1/2 and Ground H1/5 to power up the brain??

Anybody

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
power up all constant 12v wires, ground, and you to power up one of the door trigger wires.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
You only need to power up the red 15A wire and ground to test bench and program the unit with the bit writer. No door trigger, unless you are programming with the valet switch.
Your bit writer is the correct version for this R/S, but I have had luck with some Avital units by pulling the fuses and reinserting them then reading the unit. Might want to try that.
Also what version is the 5301? It should have a small sticker on the back of the unit that says a 2digit code like 8J or 9G or something similar. Anything that starts in 8 was JUNK!!!
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
compare all the wires in the harness pins are in the proper spot,(either match them up with the working units you have installed or compare to the wire scematic) i have seen some new( let alone refurbs) dei product with the wire colors in the wrong placement point and most of us wire by color not pin location it screws us up
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
I used the 15a 12 volt line and the ground to bench test with the bit writer. No problems all three of my units checked out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic