icon

cm6200

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frexe 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have been in the process of installing the cm6200 in my 1991 mazda miata for the past two weeks.
The car can now be remote started, but there are still few minor tidbits that need to be dealt with.
I have wired the status out/gwr black wire to the positive wire on my clutch switch. However, the alarm does not bypass the switch upon rs. Am I suppose to program the POC aswell? If so which option am I suppose to pick? I have tested wiring the status wire to both wires to no avail. Although I believe that the (-) status wire is suppose to go on the positive because it grounds the positive to complete the circuit and activate the switch.
Next question.
My siren is grounded to the body of the car, and hooked up to to the (+) wire from the brain. Upon plugging the harness into the brain I hear the siren chrip once. However, this is the ONLY time I ever hear the siren. Do I also have to program the brain to use the siren or something? If so how.
Next question.
I have just installed actuators in my doors. Now to wire them up I drawing power directly from the battery. And I am also using two relays. Now can I share a common ground for the two 87a?
Next question.
Is it possible to program the brain (not POC) with a 1 button remote? If so how?
Thats all the questions for now.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
I can answer one of your questions.  If you have the 1 button remotes, you can not program the options on the FT6200S brain.  You must either program a 4 button remote temporarily to the brain or use an OP500 programmer.  Additionally, some of the POC features can only be programmed with the OP500, like Special Option Group 1 & 2.  Also be aware that your brain can use either style of the 1 button remotes, the 800 foot, four pin antenna, AM version or the 2500 foot, 6 pin antenna, FM version.  Both are one way remotes.
Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  

first off, the status out is clearly a ground signal(-). you connected it to the positive wire on your clutch. thats shorting out the GWR as soon as it activates. you probably burned out the gwr output already. if the wire is positive when the clutch is pushed in, take your start wire and connect it to this wire at the clutch.

the 6200 is a remote start brain only, however it has a passive alarm mode. you will need to to into programming and change the feature so it can chirp on unlock, lock, start and any triggers. 
do  the actuators in your door rest at ground or 12v? if they rest at ground you will need to 5 wire (reverse polarity) them using 2 relays. OR you can take your ground lock/unlock outputs and tie them into the coils of the relay (side that is negative)
you need a 4button remote or an option OP500 programming tool to change menu functions.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
frexe 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replys. I will switch the clutch wire onto the (-) wire on the clutch switch then.
Does the black wire status/gwr out have to be programed to status out? or something because it is listed as POC#5, which do I program it to?
Ah can someone explain to me how the status gwr wire works to activate the clutch switch?
If the wire is connect to the (-) ground on the clutch switch how does the brain "flip the switch?" Does it do so b sending 12V(+) to the negative wire on the clutch switch?
For the actuators I have both left and right doors sharing two relays.
One relay for lock and one for unlock. I am using the diagram listed somewhere on this site.
frexe 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
Okay. I believe I first connected the status wire to the negative wire on the clutch switch first, before I ever switched it to the positive.
The alarm never bypassed the clutch switch when connected to either wire. Does the status gwr black wire on the cm6200 need to be programed? If so which option do I program it to?
Thanks.
I got a giant DMM..but I haven't a clue how to use it
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

does not need to be programmed, pull out a dmm and start testing wires at the clutch.

it could be pos or neg. test accoringindly and connect.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

Your 1991 mazda miata has a positive direct feed type clutch switch. That means the start wire (BLACK/ blue) goes directly to one side of the clutch switch and the other side (BLACK/ red) to the starter solenoid.

You DON'T need a gwr from the brain, just connect the starter wire directly to the BLACK/ red wire at the clutch switch.

frexe 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks^ I am still having trouble picturing this. but basically connect the start wire from the brain to one of the poles on the clutch switch?
I got a giant DMM..but I haven't a clue how to use it
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

From reading your posts, very likely you already fried the GWR (-). You have to test & verify before you connect them. Otherwise it can be very costly. pm me your email address & I can get you a starting circuit for your miata.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic