icon

parking lights viper 5101/omega chdl4 p

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Instead of using the chdl4 for controlling your parking lights, why don't you just use (H1/4 & H1/11) for the parking lights. Locate you light switch wire, should be light GREEN/ orange and then cut it in two. Then connect the WHITE/ brown (H1/4) to the switch side and white (H1/11) to the other side of the light.GREEN/ orange wire. Put a 1000 ohm resistor and plug it in between the middle pin & the pin closest to the side of the module (brain) & be done with it.

See page 15 of the 5101 install manual for detail

dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Did your 5101 come with a 451m?  If so there will be a pack of resistors in there and 1k ohm will be in there.  There is a chart with band colors to identify it and also put it to a meter to verify.  You can do as 12volt stated and solder it in to the parking light fuse holder instead of the fuse. 
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  

dasbogie, my 5101 didnt' come with anything. Heck, I didn't even get the installation manual & owners manual. I had to download those off the internet.

moonliter, I understand what you're saying and I understand the instructions in the installations manual.  I just have one question. Is isolation of the parking light switch necessary? Or, can I simply put a resistor in the rs module and connect the white H1/11 to the light GREEN/ orange wire?

I know I'd probably safer to isolate the light swtich.

moonliter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
as long as it doesn't have autolamp and left at OFF then it shouldn't be an issue. Yes, you can replace the fuse with the resistor and install it in the pins as I mentioned in my previous post.
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

What exactly are you referring to as "autolamp"? Lights that automatically come on?

It doesn't have anything like that. It doesn't even had daytime running lights.

moonliter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

That is correct !   If you don't have it then it shouldn't be an issue.   Just connect the white wire to the light.GREEN/ orange and 1k ohm resistor.

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  

Would anything funky happen if the parking lights were on at the switch and the doors were locked(flashing the parking lights)? Basically this would act as though there were two 1000ohm resistors wired paralell. Would the BCM just ignore it since it's not a recognized resistance value?

alajoe 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
I think something funky would happen My Post 2004 Liberty door locks
I think the parking light circuitry has a major problem in this bypass which is why it was removed because as soon as I tried to unlock the doors one time with the parking lights on my front door locks and tailgate lock completely quit working. Rear doors are fine.
The instructions that came with mine said positive to the pink wirse gets parking lights and it did up until I tried to unlock the doors which would have flashed the parking lights. Now I do not have door locks even from the switch inside the car.
I am beginning to think I messed up the Body Control Module with this and that is a $650 fix at the dealer. Any more thoughts on this would be appreciated
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

I think I'm going to isolate the switch just to be on the safe side. After all, it's just a matter of one more wire.

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  

Omega's tech support said...

"The module has a Pink wire with a white stripe (tracer).  Where was that

wire connected.  It is the parking light output to the vehicle."

If this is the case, then perhaps it should have been connected to pin 5, instead of pin 9 like the instructions indicate.

Unfortunately, the instructions with the module didn't give any indication what the wire was used for.

parking lights viper 5101/omega chdl4 p - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic