icon

python 991 flex relay ign 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gmantlr 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
i have a python responder lc model 991 i had a shop install it and it isnt working correctly.my question is the pink/white wire is supposed to power ign 2 at least thats what i have come up with.it isnt powering ign 2 the pink/black wire isnt hooked to anything.i have gone through the program menue 3 -remote start menue item 8-flex relay function and have tried all 3 settings there isnt any power feed for ign 2 comming from the pink/white wire in any of the 3 settings when remote start is activated whitch is causing a no power to the inst.cluster(gear indicator/guages/tack etc.) to the best of my knoledge the correct setting would be option 1 (ign. 2)  i am begining to think that the flex relay is bad i purchased the alarm on ebay and it is refurbished.does the pink/black 87a wire need to be hooked to power? i paid the shop 200 to install and they said it wont remote start because it needs a 556u module(key reader) my key isnt chiped the lock cyl. is so the 556u i purchased is useless to me.anyway i am asking for advice here instead of the shop that installed it due to the incorrect imformation about the bypass module.
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of vehicle?
and for the pink/white to receive power you must have the RED / white connected to 12v.
gmantlr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
its a 2000 yukon and the RED / white is connected to 12v thank you for your responce any imformation will help
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
if RED / white has 12v so should pink/white during remote starting. have you checked the fuse on the wire?
gmantlr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
yes i checked the fuse on the RED / white wire and even checked it at the module plug its powered.i have spent most of the day on this and believe the flex relay to be bad.like i said it was a refurbished unit.i think i found out why it was replaced i wish they would of before reselling it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic