icon

door locks on a 04 range rover?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kiteman 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed an alarm, on a 2004 Range Rover.. I can't find the door lock wires?? The lock/unlock button is in the center of the dash, it's one button.. But I can't get to the wires. The AC vent that it is installed to wont come out..   They say the wires are in the door, but I can't find them  I have WHITE/ blk and blue/red but they don't show a neg pulse on them when you lock/unlock...  Does anyone have any other ideas of where these wires might be caught???   Thanks in advance

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
2004 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 4DR SUV
Doorlocks/Windows       
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Power Unlock BLACK (-) AT MOTOR IN DRIVERS DOOR
   THE DOOR LOCKS IN THIS VEHICLE ARE MULTIPLEXED. WIRE AS A REVERSING POLARITY SYSTEM IN EACH FRONT DOOR OR ACQUIRE A MULTIPLEX INTERFACE ADAPTER FROM A SECURITY MANUFACTURER.
PowerLock BLUE (-) AT MOTOR IN DRIVERS DOOR
   THE DOOR LOCKS IN THIS VEHICLE ARE MULTIPLEXED. WIRE AS A REVERSING POLARITY SYSTEM IN EACH FRONT DOOR OR ACQUIRE A MULTIPLEX INTERFACE ADAPTER FROM A SECURITY MANUFACTURER.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
You aren't the only one! Data controlled, i.e. no trigger wires. The only people I know who do this regularly for a main dealer tell me you have to install a slave actuator in the driver's door.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
How are you locking and unlocking?
I haven't worked on that car before, but the wires in the door are probably supposed to be tested while turning the key back and forth in the outside of the door.
kiteman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Ok..  I have found the dook lock wires at the lock in dise the door panel..  It was WHITE/ blk and Blue/ red  like dei said..   It works one or two times and then quits, or it will lock then quit then you have to use the key and the factory alarm starts going off..  Anyone have any ideas?

kiteman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
No, I used the lock/unlock button on the center of the dash...  I have found the wires, but read my other post..
bambam3030 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
pain in the ass car I did one along time ago with remote start and had a similar problem. I ended up puting in door actorators couldn't find any way around it.
bam
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Bambam, exactly the experience I had,loosely based on the X5 BMW but I could do for or five of them for one Range Rover.
I know the boss of the largest car audio firm in London, they contract direct to Rolls Royce and do the main dealer work for nearly all the UK LandRover network, their comment as I said was "slave motor in driver's door" which funnily enough was the experience in the mid 80s. They started off with multipoint, then went to adding an actuator, then back to multipoint in 1990.
Did you notice the negative ignition and starter wires?
kiteman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

The Rover I'm working on was m,ade in the UK, but the wires are not the colors of the UK..  The igniton is green and the third ignition is PURPLE / blk.. said it had a second ignition was as lt green, but there wasn't a second lt green wire.. 

Here's the lastest that I have found on this 04 range rover..  The 2 wires in the door  WHITE/ blk and blue/red are the door lock wires..  they work to lock the door and then quite..  If I get in the vehicle and shut the door and turn ignition on then off.. The alarm will arm/lock and disarm/unlock with no problem.. it will do so until I open the door and get out and shut the door . Arm/lock the alarm and thats it , doors quit working again.. ??? this vehicle has me so confused.. It's like the door locks power down but nothing turns them on.. I've tried powering up both ignition wires to wake up the locks and nothing ..Also tried waking up the door trigger and nothing....  

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 4:33 AM / IP Logged  
Kiteman, that vehicle started out as made by LandRover back in 71 using Lucas-Ripaults UK wiring codes. In the 90s you had the technical liaison with Honda which gave us the CRV/Freelander, MG-F/S2000 and (Euro) Civics/Rover 400. Then along came BMW, BMW 5 Series, cheapen it, make it front wheel drive, = Rover 75. This is where the wiring becomes hybridised and somewhat confusing, the audio wiring was BMW, under the skin, the electrics were X5. Changed hands again about 98 to Foed, look at the fronts of Ford SUVs over the last few years, now owned by an Indian car builder called Tata who also bought Jaguar.
And you think the wiring's confused, I can think of at least 3 different V8 engines and 2 or 3 diesels. N.B. Some of that ignition and wiring also comes from the Volvo XC90!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic