2005 Durango Full Radio Details

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

Morning,

I am looking for a full (or as full) details of the radio wiring. I have a 2005 Durango Limited, RAQ Radio with Factory Siruius and VES. I have yet to find any posts that specifically has my wiring. I need to tap into the SAT radio and add on an aftermarket amp to the factory sub (Replaced of course).
Any insight appreaciated.

John

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Metra Electronics Corp. - CHRY-AMP-01
2005 Durango Full Radio Details - Last Post -- posted image.
2005 Durango Full Radio Details - Last Post -- posted image.

Description

Add an Amp Interface for Chrysler Digital systems

Product Specifications
  • Selectable Front, Rear or non-fading output
  • Provides 12vdc amp turn on voltage
  • USB updateable with USB-CAB

The CHRY-AMP-01 allows users to add a 2-channel amp to Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge vehicles with the digital amplified sytem. These vehicles have a fixed digital signal going to the OEM amplifier which makes it impossible to add a line output convertor. The CHRY-AMP-01 converts this digital signal to a 2-channel output.

Product Notes for 2005 DODGE DURANGO 4DR SUV WITH 3.7L ENGINE AND STANDARD AUDIO SYSTEM

With Factory amplified system only

And here is the install manual... http://documents.victorytechnologies.com//documents/product/15801.pdf

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Here's all the wiring for the speakers...Between the two posts i think it's all you need...! http://documents.victorytechnologies.com//documents/product/2330.pdf
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

tommy...

Thanks for the info,does this bypass the factory amp or connect to the factory amp allowing for an additional amp? My goal is to leave the factory infinity system as is and simply add an additional amp to power a JL sub that I replaced with the factory.

The odd thing is that the back of the radio has a bank of wire that goes to the sirius and VES, I would really like to tap into the VES aux or Siruis for my iPod and iPhone rather than thos clunky 200.00 adapters. I have a sweet charger setup with a dock that I love that has an aux line out, but 06 was the 1st year they offerred the aux in through the radio for Chrysler.

Thoughts?

tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

It is to add an amp...All factory interior speakers shouldnt be affected...Just adds an output for an amp...being a hi/lo,LOC will not work in your situation...As far as where to tag/tap for aux...The only way i know is the aux in's you referred to...Although where was it $200.00...? Just a quick search...$55...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Just use a LOC and grab it at a rear speaker, not the deck. Or anywhere AFTER the amp.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic