icon

06 toyota tundra non jbl amplified

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Okay now I need help guys instead of the opposite way around.So tried doing a deck in this vehicle, and it is the non-jbl amplified system.
At first I tried using the 70-8113 harness since it fit and it was not JBL. No luck no sound. So I popped my DMM in there and tested the turn on at 4.something volts. So i figured wire in two 1000 ohm resistors in a voltage divider network. No luck.
So as a last resort I tried popping the TA07 scosche JBL interface harness in there to see if it was a digital turn on. Again no luck.
So I figured I would just bypass the amp. But before I do that, does anyone know if this is TRULY a digital turn on amp similar to the JBL, or should i just be smacked for being in too much of a hurry?
Any tips/tricks appreciated.
Also do you have to take the entire rear seat out to get to the rear compartment to get to the amp?
brandonz 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
I believe you are using the wrong wiring harness. According to Metra, you should be using 70-1761 if it is non-amplified. The first harness you listed is an amplifier integration harness, just Metra's version.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Got the vehicle figured out. And no, this was an amplified system, just not JBL. The best way I figured out to do this was use your 70-8113 harness for 12v, ground, and ACC. Those are pinned correctly and work fine. However THIS IS A DIGITAL AMP, similar to the JBL system, but there is not a simple integrator piece into it, and it is pinned differently than the JBL.
So, here's what you do. Take the center console out by lifting the front cavity up and beneath it you will find 2 10mm bolts; remove. Then just rearward of the piece you removed should be the cupholders, remove those and remove the 2 10mm bolts under there. Finally open up the center console and remove the 2 10mm bolts in there and then move the whole backside of the center console (about 2x3 feet piece). On the passenger side of the remaining piece of the center console should be a removable screw push pin, remove that. Then remove your front piece by removing the cigarette lighter attachments on the back and pull the piece out and up. This will make running the speaker wires a ton easier.
Next flip up the passenger rear seat and remove the carpet piece. Remove 5 push pins in the carpet and attached to the black piece covering the amp. Remove the black piece by pulling toward you and wigging it up. You should see the amp, remove this by the 3 10mm bolts holding it in place. On the amp you should see 2 plugs. The right one is your outputs/constants and grounds. Outputs are standard Toyota colors for a 4 speaker system. Bypass the amp and run your speedwire/speakerwire under the carpet and through the center console are we removed.
For any quick hints to tell if this is the same setup, this was a 4 door SR5 Tundra model. There was no markings of a premium sound system, and CD player was single disc double din. It just sounds too good to be non-amplified.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic