icon

disarm wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

Does the NOT hooking up the diasarm (or unlock)  wire to a Nissans prevent it from remote starting if the system is armed with the regular remote?

Or is the disarm strictly used for the factory alarm?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
I think maybe there are a couple of older Nissans that you might need to disarm before remote start, but I don't think so.
At least with any Nissan I've done in recent memory, all you really have to do is install your remote starter as usual---ignition wires, brake, parking lights, transponder bypass, and so forth.
If you're not doing doorlocks (or installing a starter that doesn't have lock outputs), just don't hook them up.
The factory alarm should disarm all by itself when the car sees ignition and transponder bypass at the beginning of the remote start sequence.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Chris is right. Usually you don't even have to hook it up if it has a factory alarm. As long as the vehicle sees ignition and immobilizer correctly the vehicle will start fine and horn won't go off (At least with Nissan). However it doesn't hurt to hook up disarm.
Thack79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
haha ive tried everything with this 2007M45 (tried to thro ya off with the nissan thing disarm wire - Last Post -- posted image.). This is the only car ive NEVER figured out and its killin me. lol. It remote starts fine the first couple times, then later .....its like it loses something and doesnt do it anymore. its the intellikey one. have tried DLKP and idatalink. same thing. im giving up (hurting my pride tho lol). Thanks all.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

i think its time to grab the foritn module ahah.

https://ifar.ca/download/685/can-sl2_infiniti_m35_m45_(2005-2009).rev-c.pdf

had a buddy of mine do this car one time and it worked fine. I wasnt there for the entire install, but never saw it again. it had a compustar pro installed.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Did you update the DLPK? There is a new specific version out for the M45.
Here's the updated install guide
DLPK M45
Otherwise if you followed all that, I would double check your ground and make sure it measures less than half an ohm.
Also, check your solder joints at the Can + -. A bad solder can cause an increase in resistance causing it not to bypass the immobilizer.
Is the car not cranking? Or is it not engaging to start?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thack,
Do you have a little more information? After the first couple of successful remote starts, what happens afterward?
If you can, post the install guide of whatever product you're using.
These cars are fairly straightforward when using a module.....Ignition and accessory behind the cluster, starter at the underhood fusebox, Can High and Can Low, parking and brake lights, and that should be about it.
Thack79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

"Also, check your solder joints at the Can + -. A bad solder can cause an increase in resistance causing it not to bypass the immobilizer. "

Now that i think about it the connections i made were not sodered at the Can connections (on either bypass). Since its doing the EXACT same thing on both bypasses Ill try that out and also find an alternative ground.  It works flawlessly if im in the car with the intellikey in my pocket. however if im away from the car. It will do it a number of times. then after i let it sit for a lil bit and try to, it will crank however not turn over as if it were a bypass issue on a normal car.

Thanks guys. appreceiated

Everthing else works fine. locks, trigger, lights, starter relay beside battery, ignition and acessory turn on when the are suppose to.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic