icon

which amp, boston acoustics or kicker?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
canyoncruiser 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
I can't decide between the kicker 08zx700.5 and ba's gt-5750. both are 5 channel pushing about the same power. the ba 5750 is $90 more. anyone have any experiences - good or bad - with either of these amps?
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
I've heard both kicker and BA amps. Both are quality amps it would come down to what your powering with them and your goal (BA would be higher SQ) and have you looked at the Alpine PDX5?... If you haven't already bought something I would also HIGHLY recommend the Eclipse XA4200 paired with a XA1200 for sub (more power, more efficient, EXTREME clarity).
blackrosetiger2 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
None of thee above, unless your dead set on using a 5 channel. If not try a Sundown SAX-100.4
http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/sax-1004d.html
You only dont know what you don't ask about
Sacred Ground C.C.
dereileak 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have a kicker 1500.1 zx amp, and its amazing, I have 0 gauge going to it to power 2 cvx 15 inchers, that do 2000 rms each, the amp is rated for 1621 rms for my particular amp, so its almost what the speakers can do, if I crank it that loud I get headaches, so I cant even push it, I built my own box and its huge, takes up almost my whole back of my van, still room for groceries though, it is kick ass, and I did double fronts on it, so the speakers are screwed to 1.5 inch MDF, to sheets of 3/4 inch, and the rest of the box is 3/4 inch. I have the design all laid out if anyone wants it on a design sheet. I just went to lowes, and he cut it for free, usually they charge but he had nothing to do and I kept him busy, so he did it all for free, then I used lots of wood glue and lots of screws, ends up weighing about 130 lbs when all done with 64lbs of subs in it, man is it loud, and clear, sounds pretty good, just post if you want the design, I have it with each size cut you need and how many of each.
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Kicker Dual CVX 15's - Installed
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp - Installed

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic