icon

2004 denali, navigation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
I called a few of the local shops around me and they all use PAC pieces. I ended up ordering a OS2BOSEv2 for the harness/adapter and went with an Axxess ASWC for the steering wheel controls. Read some decent reviews about it being "auto programming" and many of the comments compared it directly to the PAC SWI-PSv1 piece I was originally going to buy. It was cheaper too. Made by Metra so hopefully their SWC adapters are as good as the harness adapters.
I'll post some updates after I get everything installed.
Thanks Again
Gus
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
I got everything installed on a hot July 4th. After a shoe horn to cram all the wiring and modules back in the dash the install went rather smooth. I was able to mount the XM receiver in the factory location and reuse the stock antenna. Good Pic and Info Here
Ended up sticking with the PAC SWC adapter as my bro-in-law ordered the wrong piece. This was still easy to setup and the online install guides made it easy to find the right wire.
Its been close to 8 years since I have installed a radio, and this is the first NAVI I've installed. Boy is it tough to find a spot to cram all these integration adapters now a days. That hasn't changed in 8 years, the hardest part of the install is getting it all back in the dash.
Thanks for all the help from the members here. I have a few specifics to add from the install.
-Removing the factory XM receiver is not fun. I suggest a 7mm ratchet wrench or similar. Good news is when you reinstall the bracket you can flip the fasteners around and just screw it in from the front instead.
-Plenty of metal under dash to stick the GPS antenna to (as mentioned prior)
-When breaking out the rear tabs in the dash for depth clearance don't bother trying to cut them, channel locks broke them out no problem for me. I was going to try to cut them out with my dremel before I tried this.
-VSS Wire @ Radio: Dark GREEN / WHITE-Cavity E_Conn2 (12 Pin Black connector)
-Reverse Wire @ BCM: Lt. Green-Cavity F_Conn5 (6 Pin Black connector)
So far the Radio seems to be a nice piece. Biggest complaint I had in the time I spent with it is that when connected to an iPod you have to hook up both USB and heaphone jack. Why it can't pull audio out via USB is beyond me. It can control and grab album art but no audio. I think they make some break out connectors that go from dock connector to USB / Headphone to use the line-out to address this issue. Haven't gotten that far yet.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic