icon

truck cap protection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtbboy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,   I am going to be installing a Viper 5901 or 5902 into a 2007 Toyota Tundra Pickup.   It has  Leer camper top on it and I want to protect the bed as well. 

What is my best method of protecting the side windows, rear glass and tailgate.  1 oerson told me mercury switch,  anoher said magentic switch?  Can you please give me the pros and cons of each and what you would use as well? 

Also,  is PKALL the correct bypass for this vehicle.  Thanks!!

mtbboy
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

I prefer magnetic switches over mercury switches based on the fact that steep inclines can trip mercury switches. 

However, since magnetic switches are two pieces that have to line up the installation will be slightly more involved and there may be some required maintenance down the road.

Kevin Pierson
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
the pkall will work
mtbboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 5:39 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info guys. Any other tips or trick or known issues withis vehicle and the 5901 or 5902.    
Thanks again!
mtbboy
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
i use shock sensors on similar trucks  they work really good because it will protect any glass break ins  i usually install the sensor inside the fender right by the light it will protect the whole bed 
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2010 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Could maybe add a proximity in the inside of bed...Start with the shock and see if you are comfortable with the protection...With the proximity...It will gaurd against someone reaching in(no impact needed)... And basically covers all those points of entry...In combination with the shock,it should be sufficient...!It can be low on the sensitivity scale...So outside,birds,children,wont set it off or the warn away chirps...! Also those units are really hard to understand the install manual's directions/wire description...But there are a ton of posts on those units and the ignition harness...Read up on some by entering the model # in the search feature...I'll see if i can link some posts for ya...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
mtbboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2010 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  

Thnaks, guys,  when you say look for that model, I assume you are referring to the 5902 or 5901 or do you mane my New Body Style Tundra?

Thanks!

mtbboy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic