icon

need advice on my re audio system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xxxpedition 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2010 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
This is my first post so bear with me. I drive a 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, dynamatted all the way through. This is what I'm putting in it:
(2) RE xxx 15" subs (2000 watts RMS@1ohm)
(2) US AMPS XT4000DE V2 4000 WATT MONO (1500 watts RMS@1ohm)
(2) PAIRS RE AUDIO XXX6.5C 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS + crossovers (150 watts RMS@2ohms)
(1) US AMPS XT1600.4 V2 1600 WATT 4 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER (800 watts RMS@2ohms)
250 amp HO alternator
Optima yellow top battery
kinetik 2400 battery
SOUNDSTREAM SC-8CA 8 FARAD DIGITAL CAPACITOR CAP
Big 3 setup under the hood, zero guage all the way through. 300A inline fuses.
4 guage wiring to the subs)))))))))
Now, first question is do you guys think I have enough juice to power the system for a decent street performance?
Second question is,  I am bridging the 2 XT4000DE's, do you think I should run each sub to each mono amp on a 1ohm load?
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2010 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
4 guage wiring to the subs)))))))))
Good Luck getting that wire in the terminal! Even for show, that's just Lame. 8 AWG, which is still wayyy overkill, would be a better choice.
I've heard the RE XXX comp set and found them to be one of the worst yet. They get loud . . . Not a huge Kicker fan, but I would take them over the RE's.
US Amps at one time were the bomb. The new stuff is no where near the quality. Just like Hifonics, the name lives on sadly. The XT-4000DE
is a mono amp and doesn't say it's strappable. With those woofers you have a choice of 1 ohm or 4 ohms on each amp.
Running at 1 ohm you stand a chance of: thermal shut down, sucking down your electrical system and just plain sounding bad. Guessing here, but you are looking for SPL and not SQ?
The XXX are serious woofers. Not as one note' ish as say the MMats or the CV Strokers. They will take punishment. They are one of the better
sounding SPL woofers IMO.
Without adding a second Alt you are limited to the 250 to 300 amp range. On paper your system could pull 300 amps or so. Subtract amperage for the truck and depending on your volume habits you should be able to make it work. The Cap won't save you if you need more juice.
xxxpedition 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2010 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

Okay I got u.  Will it take away from the power I'm feeding to the sub if I go with 8ga wire as opposed to 4?  

In your opinion what's the down side about the xxx comp set?  I heard them in a crystler 300c and they sounded really good to me,  maybe I just have an untrained ear or something. I'm still kinda new to car audio.

Yeah,  I'm leaning more toward SPL just for the fact that I really like low bass.  Would I still run into thermal shutdown if I have an upgraded alternator and 2 new batteries? 

Also,  Just looking at what  Ihave.  Where would you put your in-line fuses?  How many would you have and what amp would they be?

spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
I have the same exact amps and had no problem getting 4awg into the terminals,furthermore both of my amps soundgreat very clean and do what they say they should.As far as the comp set goes,I have heard them sound good and bad,They sounded great in a 2dr civic but to me horrible in a ram mega cab .Take into acct the acoustic environment in wich you are putting them in.Tuned the right way they could sound excellent.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
xxxpedition 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

Sweet,  do you have your amps strapped/bridged?  If so how did you wire it?  You just run the rca's from the "out" ports of master amp to the "in" ports of the slave amp right?

Also I'm still a little confused about how big of a fuse I should be using between the alternator and the battery.  Should I use the same size fuses at every fuse point (300A), or do fuses need to change sizez depending on where thay're located?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic