icon

amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rick_21_69 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2003 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
does clarion make a solid 4 channel amp? wondering what everyones opinion is on them..thnx
Irvin Cruz 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2003 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
If you want a bullet proof that will last a while and give you great sound, Memphis has a 4 Channel Class AB 50X4 Amp which will greatly improve your front and rear sound.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2003 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
I haven’t heard that many clarion amp but the ones I have heard never really impressed me.
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2003 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a Clarion Pro Audio line DPX 1000.2, 2002 model
It is a digital class amp rated at 500w x 2.
I had it hooked up to 2 8 in RF HEs. Lets just say that the amp was to powerful for those 8s, but it slammed. I hooked up 2 10 in clarion DVC in a sealed enclosure and it was crazy.
Some people give Clarion a bad rap about there amps but I think if you stick to there Pro Audio line you wont be disappointed.
I know that there regular amp line up isnt very good.
Hope this helps
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2003 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Personally I think clarion's head units have been sorta lacking in recent years, but I still think their amps are pretty solid. There are always anomolies of course but in general I'd recommend them to anyone considering them.
Dan M C 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
I think Clarion and McIntosh kinda exchange technology between the two them,i personally don't use Clarion stuff but then again i think they make decent stuff,afterall Clarion and McIntosh are the same company,Caddilac uses Chev parts too...the are from the same company...afterall.
Danamps - Last Post -- posted image.
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2003 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Clarion amps are priced right. When bench tested the amps just don't do as avertised. As far as them exchanging tech with Mc I can't tell. I have never heard an amp with the sq of a Mc. I'll leave the caddy and chev comment alone!
Dan M C wrote:
I think Clarion and McIntosh kinda exchange technology between the two them,i personally don't use Clarion stuff but then again i think they make decent stuff,afterall Clarion and McIntosh are the same company,Caddilac uses Chev parts too...the are from the same company...afterall.
Danamps - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic