icon

oldspark

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2010 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Are you familiar with these guys...on utube*...(it blocks links to there...But...) "The front fell off" is one.. the guys names are .Clarke and Dawe...Had a good chuckle there...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2010 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Ah yes....
I last saw Dawsy whilst evacuating some alcohol down Southpark (my name for a place called "Southgate").
And J Clarke - yes, I've respected him since his early days as Fred Dagg.
In fact last week I bought the "Death In Brunswick" DVD where Clarke and Sam Neill (Event Horizon, Hunt For Red October, Dead Calm, Merlin, Daybreakers....) do some pretty funny and macabre stuff - but it probably ain't funny to non-Aussies. (It's like a local low-budget movie; black comedy, and Zoe Carrides (Gia's sister).)   
Clarke & Dawes do excellent satires. Some just don't understand... they maybe less obvious(??) than Jon Stewart....
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Funny place Oz, my sis just sailed round it and a cousin lives in Cairns Dec April, don't understand that, oh yes where they live just outside London was snowed in for 2 weeks recently, luv Aussie humour, bunch of sheep shaggers.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Good lord Pete, I got away with it.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Dear Mr Howie the 2nd & the last....
LOL - Obviously I'm too slow..... like a Queenslander...
Alas its the Kiwis (New Zealanders) that have the sheep shearing, er shag... reputation.
Apparently it's due to their ratio of 6 or 10 sheep per Kiwi, but if we Aussies once had a ration of 15 per Aussie....??!!
But let that not spoil a good cause - it's us Aussie's that were the first Nation to break the Rule of the Sea (wartime excluded), and we have a group called Illegal(sic) Refugees - like Asylum Seekers, they are "Queue Jumpers".
But we are used now getting used to Queue Jumpers - with recent bushfires and flood that have devastated homes and families, housing-assistance people have had to wait due to Queue Jumpers in needs of housing.
(Are Aussies still considered Mud overseas, or is that changing a regional?)
Living in Cairns Dec-April surprises me too - that's silly season.
But maybe the climate has changed.
When I lived there, Dec-Jan or Feb was the wet season. I couldn't understand the need for clothes centrifuges or dryers - it rarely dropped below 20C even in winter!
But when you hand out your just washed and spun-dry shorts & singlets (aka formal wear) to dry, and over the next 3 days they just get damper/wetter, and you bring them in on the 4thn day because the green fungus is very apparent - you begin to understand.
But like Darwin, many people tend to go south during the wet season.
Best time for up north is August - October or November, though October is when the stingers appear (around Cairns) so you can't go swimming on the beaches (stings are often fatal, but certainly agonising). March-May is also good. And June-July will always be warmer than down here, although when last up there with my girlF in Townsville (~3-5 hours south of Cairns), but mate complained that is was their coldest winter ever - he had to use a sheet on bed. (That's a top sheet. He is no animal - he always used a bottom sheet. And a matrass.)
Now Howie, stop being so baaa-d.
(Shaun The Sheep for Prime Minister!)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic