icon

head unit with sd and marine remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioduck 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
When I got my motorcycle in 04 one of the first things I did was replace the antique AM/FM cassette deck with an MP3 CD head unit and a waterproof wired marine remote on the handlebars. That's worked well since I can get hundreds of songs on a CD-RW but I'd like to get a head unit that takes SD cards instead of having to fiddle with burning CD-Rs/CD-RWs.
Here's my current setup:
head unit with sd and marine remote -- posted image.
It's a Pioneer head unit with a Pioneer CD-MR70 wired marine remote that I modified slightly and mounted on the handlebars. There's a cover that goes over the head unit to keep it dry.
I've done a bunch of Googling and can't find anything. Anybody know of a single DIN head unit that takes SD cards and is compatible with a marine remote that I could mount on the handlebars? The head unit doesn't have to be waterproof, just the remote.
(Yes, I know there's a motorcycle subforum here but, aside from the marine remote aspect, this isn't really motorcycle specific since all I need is a single DIN head unit so a car head unit would work and I figured I'd get more input here.)
blackcivichatch 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine IDA-X100M head unit and MC1 wireless remote
UNLABELED Custom Car Club President
audioduck 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
blackcivichatch wrote:
Alpine IDA-X100M head unit and MC1 wireless remote
That doesn't have an SD card slot.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know of ANY SD card slot name brand radio's...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
But the alpine piece has USB...Maybe you could do the Portable/keychain USB's instead of SD cards(or even an I-pod...wont ever have to pop a card...you can set playlists,albums,etc...)...There are 2 units i have seen...One was a wally-mart cheapy...The other is a Jensen HD radio w/ SD slot...Wired remote,no clue...? That Alpine piece looks good...Didnt pay attention to size of the remote though...You could just install a usb somewhere too...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
audioduck 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I think I may go with the Alpine and a USB flash drive. That would work for what I'm trying to accomplish.
I've found a fair amount of head units with an SD slot (some in Australia and the UK as well) but couldn't find anything with a marine remote.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic