icon

viper 5901 r/s problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
You have it in voltage so don't worry the tach signal becomes null in this instance! Something is definitely wrong with either the remote, the antenna or the brain, not the wiring! Have you tried re-learning the remotes?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
petersonm 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
You have it in voltage so don't worry the tach signal becomes null in this instance!
what do you mean by that? Do you mean that since i changed the tach signal to off it doesn't matter? My car is manual so i will have to get the tach to learn to be be able to have it in manual transmission mode. so i still need to figure out whats wrong with that.
In the beginning of all of this the remote did "work" for the remote start. Work as in if you pressed the remote start button the parking lights would blink at me (because i had all these other things i have been trying to figure out that stopped it from starting). So that means the remote was communicating properly at that time. Thats what makes me wonder if i accidentally cut part of a wire. I might try to test the wire harness for the receiver just to make sure.
When i try using the companion remote (1 way) it doesn't start either, so i think something else is causing it. maybe the reason my remote wont work is the reason i cant get the tach to learn...the button is on the receiver.
I might try a system reset too.
I wont get to any of this until the weekend though.
thanks
monty862 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  
Double check your antenna connection. If it will start when you ground the turbo wire, then you probably have it wired properly. However; the remote start fob will not work if the antenna is not connected. That might also explain the LED not working. It's worth a look anyway.
petersonm 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
monty862 thanks for the idea, however it is more complicated then what you are describing. My remote works for everything but the remote start and my LED does blink when it is armed. So literally everything works but my remote start button (on both remotes).
I did notice this week when locking and unlocking with the remote it seems like there is a slight delay sometimes. kinda seems weird. Ill check things out in the next few days.
daygobaker 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2010 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
i have the same problem bro! let me know what your going to do to fix it....my unit might be defective but i don't know yet....im going to try your auto transmission way later on the weekend...il let you know how that goes...
daygobaker 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
i swear i put i post here but anyways...did you try getting your brain to learn the tach..?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
Just a thought, if you check the handbrake (e brake) with the ignition on and test it down, of course you will get 12 volts, you're grounding the bloody warning light! Same with door contacts which is why I prefer a test light to a meter for these tests.
P.S. 3 years ago when I did my Gallant, I also went to the BLACK / YELLOW with no problems since.
petersonm 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2010 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
daygobaker - I have not really worked on solving my problem since my last posts(march). I have just been using it for the lock/unlock and security system. I wont really get a chance to work on it until summer when i am done with college.
I have never been able to get the tach to learn. The first thing i am going to do when i work on it again is going to be unplugging both ends of the receiver harness and check it with a DMM for 0 resistance to make sure i didnt cut or mess up the harness somehow. If everything checks it makes me think that the brain might be messed up. I have checked and rechecked everything so many times that it seems like i am running out of options.
howie ll - Im not sure what you are getting at with the ebrake and door contacts... if you open a door with the security system armed it goes off, so the doors are connected properly. The ebrake only has 1 wire to the switch, so i dont really know how else i would wire it...
I am slightly tempted to take it into a security shop, but i am nervous that it will end up costing me a bunch of money for them to track down the problem.
Ill post on here if i have any luck when i work on it again (or take it in).
vicvolt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2010 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Have you looked up the diagnostic code as to why the RS error; It sounds to me like you've got a missing ground circuit that is not being completed when using the remote. I do not have a working knowledge of alarms /rs but I am involved with electrical /electronic circuits hence my humble opinion.
Learning is unending and as such the knowledge acquired. Vic
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic