icon

viper 5901 with 530 window unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mwrobinson 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2010 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 1995 Suzuki V6 Vitara wagon, or at least thats what it is called and badged as here in Australia. I have had a Viper 5901 alarm system installed about a month ago, and have been adding accessories onto it since, eg have the battery back up, siren with battery backup, the motion sensor and have the 530T Automated windows module which I tried installing today. The main unit was installed by an Auto electricain, but I dont think he knew what he was doing as he couldnt figure out how to wire up the indicator lights, so he just wired everthing up to the parkers..

I tried installing the 530t today, cut the wires at the switch in the drivers door, rand the other wires as per the wiring diagram provided with the unit, The drivers windows, worked with the switch, and the window rolls own fine but in the updirection only koves an inch at a time, so several dozen presses of the button to get the window to go up or switching the ignition on and off several times to get it to go up. The window normally has one touch for down only.. The passengers window did not work at all.

I'm going to have another go at it tomorrow, but this time I'm going to cut the wires near the motor and have the module interfacing there .. or if someone tells me not to do that.. Any and all advice and suggestions would be greatly appreicated, I only want to have the unit to shut the windows in the event on is down at the time I activate the alarm

Regards

Marc

tiny o 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2010 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
I got a 2006 300c chrylser.........installed viper 5902. hooked up the 530t using vehicle wiring info...didn't work, so I took the freakin door apart and went straight to the motor leads. works with alarm but drivers switch in car rolls up whenever it decides to....sometimes inch by inch or not at all. popped the 20 amp fuse, not sure why...............if your car doesn't have extra modules after the switch, it should work fine, if not, highly suggest going to the motor itself.
mwrobinson 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2010 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

Can some one tell me what type of wiring setup my 95 Suzuki vitara has is it type A, B or C, I did not attack it again today am planning on tomorrow or as soon as I get some more advice so I can get my head around it better, before I start cutting more wires...

Thanks

mwrobinson 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2010 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Tried installing it again this time cutting the wires near the motor, did exactly the same thing.. If anyone has experience on Suzuki's in the Mid 90's I'd really appreaciate hearing from you with any and all advice your willing to share..
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Try changing the dip switch settings from the default resistance settings to the HIGH resistance settings (which would be switches 1-4 in the off position)I don't have access to the wiring information for that vehicle. Use your DMM and test the wires to determine which system you have, it tells you right in the install manual how to test the wires.
mwrobinson 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
tried changing the dip switches no difference. Looks Like I mat have to take it to a professional installer, might book it in for tomorrow afternoon, one installer didnt sound too sure of him self, starting price to install the unit was 200+ any problems he came across, another guy who sounds very sure of him self says 100 for the window unit installed and while he's at it I might get him to wire my alarm up so th hazzard lights flash rather than everything being hooked up to the parkers, cause the origional installer didnt have a clue what he was doing..., he proved to me he didn’t know what he was doing when he spent near 5 hours figuring out why the auto start wouldn’t work, when I told him the toggle switch needed to be plugged in he argued that since it was an automatic it didn’t need it, I told him what I had read on the internet, he then plugged the toggle switch in and it worked first go
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

Five hours on a 95 vitara! That alone tells me he doesn't know what he's doing! LOL!

That system would be rest at ground and switches twelve! A 530t will work without problems (assuming of course you know what you're doing), take it to each motor and you have express up at all switches!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
mwrobinson 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  

Got the window winder installed in my car today by a so called expert, now the passenger window only winds up occassionally, can beleive I paid out perfectly good money for a crap job like this... he gave me a big lecture that it appears the previous installer of my viper was not DEI certified,

he tells me I got to replace the moteors the actuator in one door and my battery, the thing is proir to him installing the unit the windows worked fine, so now when trying to manually use the windows switch, I sometimes cannot get them to wind down, they will go all the way to the bottom then wind straight back up, also if I have the driver’s window down particially or fully then try and wind the passenger window down it will cause the driver’s window to wind up...

I can not figure out how to Vent the windows or control them via my remote, have tried all the aux channels. he spent over 2 hours installing it, dont know if I've been shafted of not....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic