icon

xk01 or dlpkgm in 05 envoy with 5701

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redz71tahoe 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
I currently have both of these interface modules to play with, I originally wanted to use the DLPKGM with the D2d configuration. I have given up on that, the vehicle would not respond at all. it does however respond to W2W inputs. from what I have read, it is supposed to respond to one or the other, so why it doesn't realize the D2D cable is plugged in..?? the LED flashes properly during the programming. after reading many complaints about D2D bugs, maybe I'm better off not getting it to work.
so looking at the W2W features, for both of these modules, there are features listed that don't have an input that corresponds, like the horn output, panic mode. i can see how driver priority unlock and driver memory could work with the DLPGM, but not sure how they get it to work with the XK01.
what kind of programming changes need to be made to the 5701 to get this all to work?
thanks!
alarep5 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

New guy here,

What r/s are you installing.

I install Astro. I have installed in hundreds in this model car and I have had my best luck with GMDLBP.

I hardwire all connections to the bypass. I never use, or should I say I don't use link cables(D2D cable etc.)

anymore. They come unpluged, lose connectivity etc.

OLDSCHOOL - If the wire is there,...use it.
alarep5 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

I forgot, if you have leather heated seats you may want to stick with the dlpkgm as I think it may activate heated seats with  engine temp of  30 degrees or less.

Anyway, skip the link cable and hardwire, always best.

Otherwise, if cloth seats, stick with GMDLBP.

OLDSCHOOL - If the wire is there,...use it.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
I've installed two or three DLPKGM, and many XK01.
The XK01 will activate the heated accessories when it's cold out. I think the DLPKGM will too, but I'm not 100% sure.
XK01 will do driver's-priority unlock. Simply connect both the blue (unlock) and that other light blue (second unlock) from the Viper to the XK01; done.
The DLPKGM absurdly does not do driver's priority unlocking. It does, however, have the capability to have one remote unlock the car as Driver 1, and the other remote unlock as Driver 2...........which of these features is more important to you? Driver's priority or Driver 1/2? You'll unfortunately have to choose.
Panic: XK01 doesn't do panic. Not sure if DLPKGM does or not. You can just hook the horn output from the Viper to the horn wire in the car.
Tach: DLPKGM I'm pretty sure has a tach output; XK01 does not. However, tach is easily accessible in the same place as brake and parking lights, just one quick connection under the dash. (Use the search feature to look up the Trailblazer for more info.)
D2D I don't give up easily, but I've tried the D2D configuration many times with various products. The manufacturers have been downright horrible with D2D....no documentation, no support, no apologies when it doesn't work, which is most of the time.
Summary: Either module should work. I would probably base it on which doorlock feature is more important to you. Regardless, the XK01 has been around for a long time and has proven to be reliable.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

D2D with DLPKGM never works for me.... D2D on the XK01 always works fine for me.....

this vehicle with an XK01 running D2D should be a breeze... only one wire to hook up covers bypass, locks, heated seats, etc. etc.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
redz71tahoe 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info! I would much rather have the driver memory than the driver door priority. but now the big question.. the 05 envoy was missing the driver recall feature with the OEM remotes, (sore subject). it does have the driver memory feature, but you have to manually select with the buttons on the door. does anyone know if the DLPKGM can still change drivers on vehicles with this shortcoming? if so, then that answers that, i will use it, otherwise i will use the XK01 to keep the driver door priority, and wire the 5701 to the buttons in the door. Really don't want to open the door though..
Really appreciate the help, i would experiment myself, but I meticulously installed this thing with everything cut perfectly to length, wrapped to blend in with the factory wire harness, tucked into the worst place to get to. trying to get it all figured out before I dig in again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic