icon

cutting holes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DaBeast 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
I have to cut the holes in my door to install my door speakers and on the back console. What kind of blade should i use?
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

Always use a metal cutting blade to cut metal if you need to cut wood use a wood blade or one with large teeth. . But as a universal blade for everything else I like to use a metal blade or a blade with fine teeth.

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Also, you can use a hole saw. You can cut the size of the hole to fit perfectly to your speaker. It's a lot easier than a jig saw. The only problem is that they will not work too well on metal.    
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.cutting holes - Last Post -- posted image.
vseven 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
I used my roto tool with a cutting "blade" (looks like a drill bit with sharper edges) for my door panels, which are hard plastic. It was perfect for mounting my flush mount tweeters. Just go real slow and hold it steady, its easy for a roto tool toget away form you.
Allan.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic