icon

fixing a hole

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cayenneredv6 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a used pin on hood for my car. The hole in the front that the previous owner drilled is off center and I want to fill it. It's not way off but I can tell and it will drive me crazy. The hole is about the size of a finger. I need some tips on how best to fill it. I was thinking I could put a layer of fiberglass on the back side of the hole and then fill the hole with a mix of shredded fiberglass and resin. Not sure if that would do it. Any help is appreciated.
dman007 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
The method you mentioned, is what I would do. And then just top it off with some bondo, sand it down, then paint.
DTS Performance
St Petersburg, FL
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
What is the hood made of? Metal or FG? Depending on the materials, you may have other options that can produce much better results with less work.
Ganbatte Ne!
Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=bellsracer] What is the hood made of? Metal or FG? Depending on the materials, you may have other options that can produce much better results with less work.
Ganbatte Ne![/QUOTE
exactly !!! we need more info,if it is metal you could hsve a shop weld it up for you then very minimal putty work and paint.This is the proper way to do it!! Your way would work as well but more time materials and sanding!!!.If the hood is f/g or some other composite material you will need to repair properly for that material just et me know what it is .I do auto body and paint for a living.]
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
nismo542 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
it it is metal i would weld in a patch and go over it with bondo.  if it is fiberglass then i would use fiberglass mat under the hood and fill in with bondo on the top of the hood.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic