icon

xk01, d2d, and 2001 impala

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toledo419 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
ok 1st off do i need to program the xk01 to my car. If I am reading right the xk01 is already set to gm vehicles. so no programing is needed. next can it really be that easy 2 wires. d2d and purple wire. please let me know if im right or wrong. i have a viper 5901
brandonz 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass module should be stamped with what firmware is currently installed on the module. The firmware you are looking for is the AMDL. According to the manual, it may be as easy as just plugging in the D2D harness, and running the wire to the OBD2 plug. However, it also mentions,
"In some vehicles the AMDL may only bypass the Passlock II via data. Once programmed, test the door lock inputs to determine if the AMDL will activate these functions via DATA (multiplexed). If there is no activation, then the door lock system is resistance based and will need to be controlled analog via the remote starter."
so you may be stuck doing door locks separately.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
door locks, and trunk will be separate. May as well do all w2w on this one.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
toledo419 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
come on....don't say that. not saying you don't know your stuff but are you sure on this. about trunk and doors. would hate to do w2w. don't trust my self and don't got the money for someone else.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
He's right; just look at the first install guide on this list here:
http://xpressdownload.com/manual.aspx?p=320
I have no personal experience to offer, as I've never used a doorlock module on these cars. One diode, one resistor, and five to ten minutes' extra work.....I'd rather just use a regular Passlock module and make more money.
toledo419 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ok lets say i do d2d -k. So what wires do i hook up the trunk(orange) and unlock (purple and white) on the xk01 or with the wires on 5901 brain. do i run a ground (black) what. i really don't want to cut a bunch of wires up and fry something.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
If you do D2D, and get lucky enough that it actually works (it doesn't always work correctly), then in that case, the regular analog (blue, green, orange) inputs are disabled.
Here's what I think you should do first:
1. Go to the OBDII diagnostic plug on the car. Look at the back side of the plug. You'll see the purple wire, but there will also be an orange, one or two blacks, and a couple of others.
2. Now just make some temporary connections. No solder, tape.....just get the XK01 powered up so you can see what it does.
On the front of the plug, poke the XK01's red wire into the hole on the plug that corresponds to the orange wire in the car.
Next, poke the XK01's black wire into one of the holes that go to either of the black wires in the car.
Next, poke your XK01 purple into the purple hole on the plug.
(P.S. The OBDII plug's orange wire shares a fuse with the car's cigarette lighter. If your lighter fuse is blown for whatever reason, keep in mind that you won't have power at the OBDII.)
3. Anyway, so now you've got temporary connections for power, ground, and data to the XK01.
Plug in the XK01, and go through the programming procedures as listed in the install guide.
Next, with the car off, take the XK01's green, blue, and orange wires and try touching them to the car's ground, one at a time of course.
You'll quickly know if the XK01 will control locks/trunk in your car or not, and then you can plan your installation accordingly.
toledo419 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I tried and failed to install the alarm. i need help and willing to pay for it. 10-20.00 with paypal.
would like to know step by step what to do 1st with the xk01. Like how to program vehicle type, user setting. what wires need to be hooked up to.(pleas don't say saything xpress has it didn't make much sence i want to use d2d but i will do w2w if i have too.
where do i find the wires at in my car if i have to do w2w.
why not d2d
do i hook up xk to 5901 when programing. stuff like this i need to know. please let me know that.
you can text or call me too if you want at. 419-779-8536
i have a 2001 impala 3.4
toledo419 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
xk01, d2d, and 2001 impala -- posted image.
toledo419 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah only way the d2d cable will work is when i hook up ground,red wire and purple. but that as far as i go. don't know anymore after that

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic