icon

keyless entry, 95 nissan 240sx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jace_xiong 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys, I'm installing a viper 5901 in my 1995 Nissian 240sx SE. I've installed everything except the remote start (it's manualy so I decided not to bother with it). Everything is working fine except the key-less entry. My car requires a ground trigger to lock/unlock the doors, but it's not working. From my testing, it seems the alarm is giving out a constant ground, not a trigger, so the doors won't lock/unlock. Even if I use the manual power switch, they don't move.
From my research online & in the forums, it seems my only option would be a relay. However this is my first time, so I'm not sure how to wire it (that's if I even need a relay). Any info would be helpful, thanks.
-Jace
woot! rawr! blah!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

If your getting a Constant ground signal...Something is wrong...Dis-connect it from the car and see if you still get a constant signal...Next,verify the lock/unlock wires are correct...Did you test them...?

Power Unlock BROWN (-) MODULE LOCATED ABOVE HOOD RELEASE
keyless entry, 95 nissan 240sx -- posted image. PowerLock LIGHT GREEN / WHITE (-) AT ANTI-THEFT MODULE NEGATIVE TRIGGER

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
If using the rocker switch on the door doesn't work and central locking isn't either then something is wrong with either the locking module, the actuators or the wiring, to begin testing you will have to locate the locking module! If however you had keyless entry prior to this situation and you are sure that actuators are present you can use a couple of relays to make it work without going through the hazard of testing to know what's wrong with the oem system!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
jace_xiong 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I've check the door lock wire, they trigger when their tapp to ground. It's an SE model so it already comes with power door/windows & when not connected to the alarm they work perfectly. So i know its something with the alarm. I tested the alarm and it giving the constant ground (the wires to connect to the power doorlock wires). Maybe I conected some other wires wrong?? Tomorrow ill do a process of elimination on the wires to see if any of them are affecting it.
woot! rawr! blah!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
Un-hook everything except power and ground and see if the lock wires are still giving you a constant signal...If not...Start attaching wires one-by-one and test each time...Or dis-connect and test each time...I dont recall ever causing the door locks to get a constant signal by attaching another wire improperly...So for sake of time...Do the first step...Un-hook everything except power and ground and test...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
jace_xiong 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I tested them & yes their still giving me a constant ground. Even without power (just ground and door lock wires connected only), it's still giving out constant ground. Is the 5901 supposed to give out constant ground and send out a 12v to trigger the door? mines require the opposite way correct? (constant positive + ground trigger)
They guy I bought it from sent me another one to test it out and its the same result. He lives far away (bought online), so he cant actually help me out as I would like. Thanks again for the help so far, I'd like to finished this on my own (w/o going to shop), since its the last thing i need to finish.
thanks again,
Jace
woot! rawr! blah!
jeremytravis 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

Didn't the alarm come with the 451m for the doorlocks? you shouldn't need any additional relays, just wire up the 451m and plug it in.

PURPLE / Black_-Ground

Blue/Black_-Unlock

GREEN/ Black_-Lock

**advanced mecp certified
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

No 451m needed period! The triggers on that unit are straight negative, if when using a meter they test for ground always then something is wrong to the unit! Have you tried diodes? Insert a one amp diode with the band towards the alarm and then attach the other end to the respective trigger wires on the car! Post back with results!  it's easy as ABC123keyless entry, 95 nissan 240sx -- posted image., yeah right!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
jace_xiong 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
I tired it, still the same results. I have, however, found out something new, the factory alarm is not disarming. It's the correct wire color GREEN/ YELLOW and is the (-) wire, but it's still not disarming the factory alarm. I even connected it directly to ground, but it's still active. could that be interfering with the door locks?
woot! rawr! blah!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic