the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

anyone using alpine nve n872a navigation?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxxx 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
N872A nav users:
1) Has anyone driven across America, i.e. South to North or vice-versa? Were you ever prompted to put in a different disc? Or is it possible to drive from LA to Buffalo using the South disc only? or what happened and what did the unit do?
2) Has anyone driven from the area covered by the south disc, into Canada? What happened? what prompts etc.? was there continuous re-booting at one point?
3) Has anyone driven from the Canada into the US? What happened? what prompts etc.? was there continuous re-booting at one point?
I am in Canada and I use my NVE-872A with the "North" disc, and it is supposed to cover my trips through PA and NY seamlessly. However, when I am in the Western NY/PA/OH area the system continues to re-boot itself, making it practically useless. It recognizes destinations in PA/NY/etc. and offers points of interest etc., but re-boots even in the presence of strong Satellite coverage. Has this ever happened to anyone? Someone suggested to insert the "South" disc when I cross into NY, however the map that came with the disc indicates that NY should also be part of the North disc. I will not be going to the US for a while, so I cannot try-out the South disc as soon as I would like.
I've talked to some people at Alpine and got different answers because they do not have experience with it, so I'm asking here. Thanks in advance!
destination moon
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

I have been using the 872 for the last 3 years or so. I got it right after it came out. I havent driven to Canada, but have driven through NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, DC, VA, TN, NC, SC, and all the way to Mississippi and through AZ with it. I have never had to switch disks. Mine came with two disks, and I'm pretty sure that the disk that I have in there right now is good for the entire U.S.

anyone using alpine nve n872a navigation? - Last Post -- posted image.

Not sure what to tell ya. Good luck!

2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic