icon

Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 85 K-5 Blazer (Full size Blazer) and would like it to be loud! I currently have 4 10" PPI 10.4 and a Clarion DPX1000. I would like to keep this amp, but I'm open to changing subs. How are the Phoenix QX15 or the Planet Audio 15". Or will 2 15"Comp VRs be just as loud as my 4 10" subs?
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
What's your budget
QuinnX1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
I would like to spend 100.00 a piece on subs. I know thats not much, but with E-bay who knows. Let me guess you were thinking L7s.
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
No not a huge fan of kicker but that is one option. 100 a piece if you got 2 good woofers are you willing to spend more.  Are you looking for sound quality, spl or a little of both.
QuinnX1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
I can spend more. Here is what I have looked at
Phoenix Gold QX15 (99.00)
Audiobahn AW1571q 15 (70.00)
Planet Audio P152x-4 (85.00)
Kicker C15Vr (120.00) C12Vr (90.00)
Some of those prices looked good.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
OK i'll be lazy and just ask is that clarion a thousand watt amp?? I have a 93 Explorer and just had two Diamond Audio CM3 10" subs put in it with a Diamond 600.2 pushing them( 600watts@2ohm). Anyways, they ran me $130 per sub but they have a 500 watt rms rating each and have a very good sq plus very good spl to them in my truck. I know everyone is like oh thats just 2 10's but trust me they would blow your mind away. I had considered the comp vr's as they did have a good sound to them but they aint going to hit hard enough to make you happy. If you are just wanting something to hit really hard i would go with some rockfords. Anyways, good thing about your blazer like my explorer is the nice open room for the subs to pound in, makes a big difference.
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
I was going to suggest the JL AUDIO W6v2 they are a little bit pricey but worth the money. They will give you an excellent mix of sq and spl. You can pick them up in between 250 -300.
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
Upon noticing the drivers you are considering using, I see they are primarily the entry line subs for each respecitve brand. I would suggest the JL W3V2's which are rated at 300W RMS, as well as the MTX 6000 Series subs, which are rated the same. You will spend over $125 per speaker in most cases, but shouldnt be over $200 each.
From my experience, the majority of people looking into a variety of companies to go with, they are usually trying to find the most bang for the buck. In this case, I would say in most cases, where the customer choses to go with the cheaper speakers, they usually end up finding out that they didnt get what they wanted out of the subs. It is usually much cheaper and a better idea to spend a little more and get what you want, instead of having to go back and pruchase speakers a second time.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

In response to drvnbysound's post considering the entry level subs, people like me looking for the most for the less amount of money is why i recommend the Diamonds. Their entry levels are better than alot of other brands higher end subs. I dont have alot of experience with other brands but i know how to compare specs.   http://www.diamondaudio.com/MobileAudio/index.cfm?page=Subwoofers# Check some of these out and compare to alot of others. Bad thing about Diamonds though is they are a little harder to find. There is one store in the tri state area i live in. Rough idea on their pricing is

CM3 series 10"        130.00 each

M6 series 10"            300.00 each

TDX series 10"         750.00 each

All 3 series are dual voice coils which i've noticed most other companies only have that on their higher end subs.

Just my opinion but i love my 10's and will never own a different brand again.

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 planet 15s in my full size bronco with 400w rms going to each(800w rms total) and they slam so hard they are 4 years old and hit as hard today as they did 4 years ago.
Big Dave

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic