icon

piggyback alarm system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
d_ham2004 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all! New user here... I have been in the repair and auto customizing for a long time but I am always looking to learn! You have to be ready to learn new things in this market with all the changes and advancements in technology! My question is as follows:

I am installing an aftermarket "Piggyback" alarm system into my daughter's 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport which has power everything. I have never been so confused when it comes to wiring harnesses as I am with this SUV! It's bad enough that there are two fuse and relay boxes, one under the hood and one in the left end of the dash. But add to that all the bolted in harness bundles and it's a whole new strange world!

I am trying to find the Keyless Entry control module and circuits because I need the Driver's door unlock, All other doors unlock, and the All doors Lock circuits to connect the alarm system's activation and deactivation circuits. I also need the closest circuit for the rear window release/open signal for the alarm deactivation circuit for this service. Can anyone help me out with the location of these circuits and the keyless entry control module? I have tried the typical sources but all I have found have been back yard mechanic type wiring schematics and over the counter sources like Chilton's and Haynes which of course are minimalized.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

D_Ham2004 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

D_Ham2004
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2010 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
Look at vehicle wiring in the top section. Your make, model and year are comprehensively listed, it even answers questions you haven't even yet thought to ask.
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2010 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

I JUST installed a Viper 5101 remote start/keyless entry in my 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. I think I can help you out. If you pm me your email address I can send you some stuff that will surely help you out.

Aside from that, what exactly are you installing?

d_ham2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried it but all I could find where more forum entries asking question fairly similar to mine but the answers given did not answer my questions as I had hoped.

I still need to know where the keyless entry control module is located or which connection to the fuse box/power distribution center contains the circuits I need to access.

Is there a link or source where I can actually download the complete wiring schematic for the 2002 Jeep Liberty or at least the Keyless Entry circuits section? Since that is the actual section I need.

Thanks again.

D_Ham2004

D_Ham2004
d_ham2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

shafferny!

Thank you for your response. I have sent you a PM answering your question. I will be looking forward to your suggestions and thank you for your help.

D_Ham2004

D_Ham2004
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged  
Again, your vehicle is completely listed in the vehicle wiring section!
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Again, your vehicle is completely listed in the vehicle wiring section!

Howie, I looked at the wiring for his vehicle this morning. It doesn't have what he's looking for. He's looking to add an aftermarket alarms system that is activated/deactivate whenever the vehicle is locked or unlocked. He wants to retain his factory key fobs. Does that make sense?

I imagine he will also need all the door ajar sense wires too.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes my apologies for mis-reading the original post. Over here, those units (and I don't like them) rely on a feed from lights and or lock and unlock motor wires the motor wires for the driver's door which will be found in the loom to that door OR in the door because of the multiplex system used. As for the tailgate, I'm thinking it would be easier to simply turn off the add-on alarm. Because of that issue, you might want to take your activation signal from the lights, e.g. using the factory fob, lock = 1 light flash, unlock = 2
P.S. You will probably find it easier to install a complete alarm!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic