icon

4 15s in blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
suicidal13 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
my buddy and i are attempting to put four ma audio 151xq subs in the back of his xtreme blazer wat would be best for the vehicle a sealed or ported box???
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
Assuming with that many your wanting SPL, then ported, if you got the room to give up(your back seats). I would probably start out with 12cu.ft. net and 120sq.in of port area. Tuned to around 35-38Hz.
4 15s in blazer - Last Post -- posted image.
suicidal13 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
have about tne cu/ft or air space in the back.. i told my buddy we need to port it(its his ride) but he insists on a seal;ed box...how much is it going to suffer if we seal it. and if sealed should each sub have its own chamber?
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
well 12 net would actually be close to 14 gross internal with driver displacements and port displacement figured into it. Sealed is looking like the better option. Since you have the room you do. I would run separate sealed chambers.
suicidal13 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

if we did use that port how wud we determine how deep to make the port...

j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
the port calc on this site would be a good place, but at 12 cu.ft. net and 120sq.in port area. The port will be at Fb= 35Hz 13" long.
So that adds .9cu.ft to your volume. so you need 12.9cu.ft and still need to add driver displacement to this and any additional bracing.
If all you have is 10 cubic foot gross. I would be looking at sealed. I could figure you a ported box but it would really be a waist i think. Sealed would be happy in that Vb.
pcummings32 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
if you are going for SPL i would recommend not going with MA audio.  i have friends that have bought ma because they thought they were getting a good deal and put power on them and poof...  smoke.   its just a hatred of ma i guess but if you are serious about getting into spl you might want to reconsider using ma
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
pcummings32 wrote:
if you are going for SPL i would recommend not going with MA audio.  i have friends that have bought ma because they thought they were getting a good deal and put power on them and poof...  smoke.   its just a hatred of ma i guess but if you are serious about getting into spl you might want to reconsider using ma
We have a truck here locally running 10, 10s MA's sealed, running off 4000rms. He does 154db all day on music. I agree they are not the best sub out there, but the enclosure plays a huge part in how loud something will go.
suicidal13 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot for the help guys i guess sealed is the way we  will go..ill keep u posted

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic