icon

factory alarm light 2006 sebring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t-dubya 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

I installed a Remote start in 2006 sebring using  autostart  remote start with ads-al-ca  for bypass.

all functions work with remote...i can , unlock/lock doors and trunk, arm /disarm factory alarm and the car starts no problem with remote.

the issue is after the car is started with remote and the key is placed in the ignition to drive, the factory alarm/security light starts to flash in the dash.(note: light does not flash with just the engine running , it's only after the key is inserted and in the run position)

I tried disarming the car fisrt before remote starting but still has the same result light flashes after key is in ignition and turned

if I start the car by key it does not flash.Is there a way I can fix this ? its pretty annoying to see the light flashing while driving.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,790
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  

It sounds like the car does not like seeing the keys transponder while the R/S is in control (key take over).  

First the basics.  Did you flash the ADS AL-CA with the latest firmware ( ADS AL(DL) CH6 V1.7 ), set the mode to Data or Standard and follow the Type 3 install procedure?  If yes, try a re-flash ( or factory reset ) and then set the mode & reprogram.

If that doesn't help, if you went with D2D, try switching over to W2W. 

If that doesn't help, call iDatalink Tech Support.  They are fast to respond, very friendly and helpfull.

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  

the car doesnt like seeing two keys.

use the key sense wire to break the circuit to the grown when running (status wire) for the bypass.

85 - keysense

86 - opposite polarity of keysense
87a - status wire from rs
30 - status wire to idatalink.

basically when you insert a key into the ignition, it will turn off the idatalink module

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic