icon

relays for keyless entry on 96 camry?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
number2 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
I bought an AutoPage RF-225A to replace a crappy unit on my 96 Camry.
This is the first unit I have installed that doesn't have on-board relays for keyless entry. Is the (-) 200mA lock/unlock pulse going to be enough or do I need a relay like shown in the diagram?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
no need for relays. the negative trigger will be enough current to trigger factory relays.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
you may have to use diodes to split the unlock pulse to trip the child safety wire for it to work.
Child Safety wire: Blue/Red (-) same location as unlock wire
number2 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2010 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
91stt wrote:
you may have to use diodes to split the unlock pulse to trip the child safety wire for it to work.
Child Safety wire: Blue/Red (-) same location as unlock wire
I didn't do this before and never had any problems because I always shut the door first so it would arm without chirping. But leave it up to my wife. She ran into this problem the very first time she used it.
I'm going to do it now just because I am pulling out all of my previous work and rerouting most of my wiring. I pulled out my old system yesterday and decided my back can't take any more trying to hide stuff up under the dash. I pulled out the center console and found a lot of empty space under the parking brake lever. Do you think that will be a problem with the antenna if I place the module there?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic