icon

2006 gmc envoy xl denali

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jleeinc 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2010 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  
I am looking to put in a viper 5902v remote starter and wanted to know any tips people might have. I also wanted to tie in the heated seats in to the system and rear defroster any tips to find the wires and relays to do this would help so much. Thanks ps i got a bypass kit from data link and was told it should work for me its a multi platform all in one doorlock/bypass ads-al ca
ez
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2010 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
the idatalink will work if you have it flashed with the correcet firmware.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2010 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  

The iDatalink ADS AL-CA should be loaded with the ADS AL(DL)-GM1 ( Ver 4.5 ) firmware for your vehicle.  It is a good choice.  It will make your install very easy.  Just download the correct guide from the iDatalink Web site :  http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/    Follow the guide for your vehicle ( Type 3 install ).   It will do the locks and alarm arm/disarm for you.

The iDatalink will automatically turn on the rear defrost and heated accessories when the engines temp is below 32 degrees F.

From the Viper, make sure you hook up the second ignition wire ( IGN2 is White at the ignition switch ).

Soldering is fun!
jleeinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2010 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the fast response. any tips for the heated seats. The rear defroster does not need any hook up is will just come on below 32, is this correct. or is it some thing that i will have to hook up with the data link mod that i got.
ez
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2010 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  

The heated seats are controlled the same as the rear defrost, by the iDatalink module, thru data, when the engine temp is below 32 F.  No extra wires to connect.   The install guide explains this and also how to make those items come on regardless of temp.

Also, most installers still wire the iDatalink module in the W2W mode rather than the D2D mode.  Don't forget to set the correct iDatalink mode ( either Standard or Data ) as per the guide, page 7.

Soldering is fun!
alarep5 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

The only way to connect your r/s for commandable heated seat functions is to find an older discontinued bypass.

dei 1700M but you will also need a key bypass also, I used a passlock III when installing the 1700m.

I seem to recal another lock module that also enable heat seat control but I can't remember what it was called.

If you are really interested in controlling your heated seats, let me know, maybe we can work something out.

I have a few of these modules in my spare parts boxes.

alarep@aol.com

OLDSCHOOL - If the wire is there,...use it.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2010 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Your vehicle has a 5V data turn on for rear defrost and heated seats. all you have to do is connect the PURPLE / black wire from the ads al-ca to ground. This will enable the defroster/seats turn on. You'll see the details on page 4 of the install guide for the ads al-ca.
jleeinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2010 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
If i connect that PURPLE / black wire with the viper remote will it have the option for seat heater / defroster or will it just turn on when its below 32?
ez
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 04, 2010 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't used the latest ADS modules with that PURPLE / black wire; I have only read the instructions so I don't have any personal experience.
It seems to me that if you just install the module normally, the heated accessories turn on when the engine temperature is below 32 Farenheit.
(Again, note that regardless of what brand bypass you use, they're monitoring the temperature of the engine. If you drive and get the engine fully warmed up, then park for, say 45 minutes, keep in mind that the engine is probably still over 32, so the accessories might not come on.)
Anyway, so on the ADS module there are two other wires you can choose to ground if you want.
One of the wires prevents the heated accessories from ever coming on at all no matter what.   The other makes them come on with every remote start, regardless of exterior temperature.
I don't know if you could try to command the heated accessories from your remote----the ADS wire is meant to have a steady ground before remote start. If you send it a ground pulse after remote start, I have no idea if it'll do anything....you could try.
What I would do, though, would be to simply take that PURPLE / black and run it through a toggle switch to ground. Leave the switch on in winter, off in summer.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2010 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
The idatalink ads al-ca has 2 wires usedto either enable or disable the seat heaters/defroster. If you ground the purple / YELLOW you will disable the heaters all together while remote start is active. If you ground the PURPLE / black you enable the heaters to work as indicated in these previous posts, when temp is below 32 degrees. grounding neither of the 2 would also prevent the heaters from coming on. Both options are there in case someone would like to put a toggle on each and use as they feel like.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic