icon

troubleshooting 98 chevy full size z71

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BumpinVolvo 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
Hello! I come seeking opinions/advice from the vast knowledge here on the12volt..
I purchased a refurbished (and that may be the issue...) clifford 50.7x alarm/remote start and proceeded to install it in my friends 1998 Chevy Full Size Z71. It previously had the typical KARR unit installed at the dealership and it was still working, we just wanted two way paging and remote starting.
Anyway, the install went smoothly for the most part. Alarm portion works great. Yes I purchased the DEI bypass unit for the passlock II system. Here is my issue:
The unit keeps erroring out when trying to remote start, and based on the number of light flashes afterward it's telling me the neutral safety wire is not grounded.. yet it is. I have tried multiple different ground locations including running a ground directly from the battery. None of which work and I still get the same error.
I have programed the unit for an automatic transmission. I believe I have all the other wires hooked up properly (done a few successful remote starts in the past).
Is it time to pin the blame on the brain since it's a refurbished unit (albeit by DEI, supposedly anyway) or can you guys suggest any other things to check before that?
Thank you in advance for your assistance!
2004 Volvo S60R
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
Did you plug in the on/off switch? This needs to be plugged in and in the ON position.
BumpinVolvo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
sneakycyber wrote:
Did you plug in the on/off switch? This needs to be plugged in and in the ON position.
Actually I didn't. Is that required to install the remote start? I guess I should have printed out the entire install guide. I will review the rest of the guide and try that. Thank you! Hopefully that is the simple solution I need!
2004 Volvo S60R
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

I missed that toggle switch on my install. After some one pointed that out to me, i plugged it in set to the on position and started right up.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
BumpinVolvo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

smokeman1 wrote:
I missed that toggle switch on my install. After some one pointed that out to me, i plugged it in set to the on position and started right up.

Does it go inline with the neutral saftey wire, or plug directly into the brain?

2004 Volvo S60R
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2010 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
It plugs into the alarm brain directly! 
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2010 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
it's a on/off toggle switch with a two black two pin connector. should plug into the lower left of the brain next to the tach treshold jumper. make sure it is in the on position.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic