the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

506t glass breakage sensor error

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monty862 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2010 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

This is a little info I found out about the 506T glass breakage sensor. I was having a problem with that sensor giving me an error chirp when I armed the alarm. Adjusting the sensitivity, moving the microphone, or removing the microphone made no difference. I did a search and found others had this problem as well. I saw one post that said he used an adjustable delay to fix the problem. Another stated it might be the Piezo Pain Generator siren causing the problem. My fix was changing the ground source. The MUX port on the Viper 5901 is constant ground, if you are using that, you should be OK. For ground, I was using the Ground When Armed orange wire to avoid current draw when not in use. When changed to a constant ground I no longer get the error chirp from this sensor. I'm told the current draw is minimal. GWA worked fine for the Field Distubance and the Tilt sensors. If you made this mistake too, and used GWA on the 506T it might be your problem. I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it corrected my problem. Hope it helps.

dereileak 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2010 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have both the proximity sensor and the glass breakage sensor hooked up to a constant 12v and ground, so they are ALWAYS on, and they draw barely any power, just hook up normally, I had the issue that when I had a chirp from the the proximity warn away that they peizo inside would set off the audio sensor, then I figured it out after 4 hours that that was the cause, I thought it was wiring, I hooked up the peizo to trigger off of the horn output wire, and then I have to use 2 relays and a resistor to make it a constant output from a pulsed output, so my inside peize ONLY goes off with a full trigger, it will not work with warn away or finding the car with the car finding feature which is just how I wanted it, I think that should answer your question, I can help you more if you need. Oh I just read your post again, your giving a suggesting, not looking for help, well here is mine up above, ha ha! :P
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Kicker Dual CVX 15's - Installed
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp - Installed
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing I can think of would be that if you have multiple things attached to your GWA wire, you may need to diode isolate them with the band towards the sensor or module. The GWA wire can only supply 200ma of current. It would be necessary to use a relay to boost the GWA signal for multiple devices..especially modules. But sounds like you made the right connection. I always made connections connecting same colors to each other. IE, orange to orange but not blk to org. Just my thought 506t glass breakage sensor error -- posted image.
monty862 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
 I was just posting this topic FYI on the 506T. And yes, all the sensors were diode isolated. I noticed when I plugged in the 506T to power, that the LED immediately comes on for a sec or two. Same thing happens when energizing with GWA, thus causing the error chirp. The tilt and field disturbance sensors apparently don't trigger when first powered up. Like I said, it was just meant to be a general observation post. Thanks for the additional input.
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Hey that's cool. It is trial and error all the time with electronics, and the more you do it, the better off you are doing it yourself. When I mentioned diode isolates, I meant diode isolating the GWA connections. Sometimes having multiple things attached to this wire can interfere with starter kill, tilt sensor or add on modules.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic